Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Polypectomy Query  (Read 10281 times)

Delso

• First Flush
Polypectomy Query
« on: March 18, 2024, 03:50:52 PM »

Hi, wonder if anyone has any experience of this. 

I had hysteroscopy, with polyp removal and biopsy removal on Friday morning. Was under GA and didn't feel too bad afterwards. Was prescribed Omeprazole for 2 days while taking Ibuprofen for 2 days and only been on paracetamol since.

I've got upper abdominal ache on left side, feels like a stitch type feeling. D9es that sound normal? No lower abdominal pains and just slight bleeding. Thanks!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Polypectomy Query
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 04:58:42 PM »

Hi! is the feeling internal or like a bruise on the outer skin area?

Delso

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 05:19:29 PM »

Thanks for asking! It feels internal, so could be indigestion, doesn't feel like it did earlier thankfully. Probably doesn't help worrying about it while juggling hormone related symptoms as well! So need to try and relax!

Jules

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 05:36:38 PM »

Thanks for asking! It feels internal, so could be indigestion, doesn't feel like it did earlier thankfully. Probably doesn't help worrying about it while juggling hormone related symptoms as well! So need to try and relax!

Could be the ibuprofen. It irritates the lining of the stomach. I cant take it even with omeprazole.

Delso

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 06:14:56 PM »

Ah really, thanks for mentioning this.  Haven't had ibuprofen in about 20 years and had never taken Omeprazole. Body so sensitive to meds now so ibuprofen irritation could well be the case. Thanks!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 06:20:03 PM »

I have Omeprazolole every morning ;-)

Jules

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 06:28:48 PM »

Ah really, thanks for mentioning this.  Haven't had ibuprofen in about 20 years and had never taken Omeprazole. Body so sensitive to meds now so ibuprofen irritation could well be the case. Thanks!
Some people are more sensitive to it. I was told to take ibuprofen when I had flu as long as it was with omeprazole but a few months late was having terrible stomach trouble and ended up with damage to my oesophagus. My son got a stomach ulcer from ibuprofen. My sister also. If youve only taken 2 doses it should be okay but it might just not agree with you. None of us touch the stuff now.

Delso

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 07:03:54 PM »

Oh no, sorry that happened to you all, sounds awful.  I've only had a few doses so will see if it now eases, haven't taken any today.