Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cluster of spots on breast  (Read 3801 times)

Rumbaba

Cluster of spots on breast
« on: March 10, 2024, 09:14:46 PM »

Hi all

I've just noticed a cluster of what looks like spots on my right breast, in a small circle. I'm now freaking out thinking it is a sign of breast cancer. It's about an inch above my nipple.

Has anyone had anything like this, and if so, what did it turn out to be?

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cluster of spots on breast
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 09:24:27 PM »

Why do U think it's cancer?

Do U have pets = ring worm.  Which isn't a worm.

Is there a small piece of plastic 'wire' on your underwear, I had this because the thread on the bra was rubbing.

How large are the spots?

Rumbaba

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 09:32:21 PM »

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I am just a neurotic person, so my health anxiety just whispers cancer in my ear all the time.

It's not from my bra, it's in the top of my breast.   We have two indoor cats.

The spots are quite small, about the size of a small pimple, reddish, but don't itch or anything.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 06:50:16 AM »

Could it be something you have scratched without realising and now just needs time to heal? I say this because at the start of Feb I had similar, totally freaked myself out for a whole weekend but within a week it was gone. I vaguely remember having an itch there amd scratching it, but obviously only remembered that too late when  I was already in the cycle of anxiety. I had also made it worse by applying a different body lotion than usual as we were away. I can't say yours isn't anything bad or different but just the way you described yours is exactly the way mine was, and it was nothing and went. Not before ruining part of a weekend away though!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 09:41:41 AM »

Health anxiety can get the brain into a whirl and a whizz of illogicality ...........

Is it there now? 

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 10:04:15 AM »

Sounds like ringworm but get it checked anyway and check your cats for the same symptom, it will look like a scaly patch with maybe hair loss.

Rumbaba

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 09:57:22 PM »

Thank you all for your replies. I've looked at some pictures of ringworm, and I don't think it's that. It's just a circle of what looks like small raises red pimples ( no head on then though). The middle of the circle is just normal skin, no redness or scaliness.

I'm trying to just give it a week, and see if they disappear, just as you say penguin. Funnily enough, I was away staying with friends when they appeared.