Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: headaches causation and appropriate oestrogen dose  (Read 1535 times)

shrosphirelass

headaches causation and appropriate oestrogen dose
« on: March 05, 2024, 12:52:58 PM »

I originally started HRT largely because of hormonal headaches. My headaches were fairly well controlled for several years (Evorel conti). This year they have started up again and I have been doing a symptom and food diary to see if there are any patterns.

I have had headaches for more than 50% of the days during the last 3 months with several headaches being so severe I couldn't carry on with daily activities.

I can't see any relationship with food.

The only possible correlation is bleeding as in nearly every instance when I have a headache I am either spotting or bleeding more substantially. This is currently being investigated.

I went to the Dr today to rule out any other causes besides hormones. She had no theories. I am having a Mirena fitted so my question is what would be a good dose to try? The Dr said headaches were more likely with increased oestrogen. Is this everyone's experience?

It is really getting me down.

Ebonybones

Re: headaches causation and appropriate oestrogen dose
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 09:42:35 PM »

I’ve had a headache every day since starting Evorel Conti it must be the Noristerone because I’d get headaches daily for 2 weeks of the month when I was on Evorel sequi and taking the patch with noristerone in

shrosphirelass

Re: headaches causation and appropriate oestrogen dose
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 10:34:59 AM »

I think my headaches are largely caused by upheavals in hormones, always been the same. I don't understand why under a continuous regime eg evorel conti there should apparently still be frequent peaks and troughs. Maybe the progesterone is a factor but for me if isn't day after day though it does feel like that sometimes. Ive just changed to a mirena and the headaches seem much better so far. Maybe a steadier amount of progesterone and with less side effects.