Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxiety relapse  (Read 24616 times)

Dierdre

Anxiety relapse
« on: March 01, 2024, 12:23:33 PM »

I've been unwell for the last 3 weeks with what started as an ear virus causing vertigo then painful blocked eustachian tube and now worsened tinitis. My anxiety has relapsed, not surprisingly (but I'd been doing so well after my therapy) so the doctor prescribed citalopram. I read the leaflet and terrified myself and scared to take them. Didn't really want to go down this road anyway so I'm thinking herbal.
Can anyone recommend what's worked for them and where to get it from please?
I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and might cancel if I feel like this still so has to be something that works quick.

jaypo

Re: Anxiety relapse
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 01:23:30 PM »

Hi Dierdre, I took CBD gummies for a while,seemed to help a bit,there's also that Bach rescue remedy,didn't do much for me but everyone is different x

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 03:40:54 PM »

I've been unwell for the last 3 weeks with what started as an ear virus causing vertigo then painful blocked eustachian tube and now worsened tinitis. My anxiety has relapsed, not surprisingly (but I'd been doing so well after my therapy) so the doctor prescribed citalopram. I read the leaflet and terrified myself and scared to take them. Didn't really want to go down this road anyway so I'm thinking herbal.
Can anyone recommend what's worked for them and where to get it from please?
I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and might cancel if I feel like this still so has to be something that works quick.

I've had vertigo and weird symptoms all week and my anxiety has shot up, worrying about it.

Honestly what works for me the best is not to think ahead for the day, try to stay in the moment.  Self care and maybe just putting on a movie if you can or some other form of self help resource.

I am on beta blockers, I don't recommend them long term at all due to weight gain, slowing metabolism, etc, and I wasn't put on them for anxiety, but I know some doctors will use them for anxiety and the smallest dose can create a change in how you're feeling within minutes.  I'm not a doctor and I really don't recommend them long term, but I wonder if they would help you for a few weeks?  Is it worth asking a doctor and seeing what they think?  Only an idea. 

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty rubbish so you've a sympathetic ear here (or private message) if you want, I'll be back tonight (but don't feel you have to, I just want you to know that I will be around as sometimes I disappear)

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 10:00:34 PM »

Thanks both of you, feeling a bit better now, don't think I'd be as anxious if I wasn't going on holiday soon and putting pressure on myself to get well before then.  Hope you're feeling better soon KaraShannon, sounds like you need to pamper yourself too, there must be a virus going round that attacks the inner ear, never had this vertigo before, scary when the rooms going round, makes you feel very insecure.
Everything seems to have side effects even the herbal stuff, sometimes the side effects are worse than what you're taking the tablets for. Will try the self care and pamper myself for a few days.

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 08:37:27 AM »

Ah the side effects,the Dr tried me on sertraline but the nausea was too much and on top of anxiety,even some Drs don't get it, she just said to try and get through the nausea phase but I just couldn't,so turned to CBD.
I get terribly anxious before a holiday too, Al the "what ifs" but ultimately enjoy myself,hope you both feel better soon xx

thekitchensink_

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 08:42:26 AM »

I’ve personally found the right HRT dose *plus* high dose magnesium and chamomile flower, lemon balm and lavender teas helpful. L-Theanine also helps a lot and to my understanding is very safe.

Also managing glucose spikes / dips through diet seemed to significantly offset my anxiety.

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 11:01:35 AM »

Ah the side effects,the Dr tried me on sertraline but the nausea was too much and on top of anxiety,even some Drs don't get it, she just said to try and get through the nausea phase but I just couldn't,so turned to CBD.
I get terribly anxious before a holiday too, Al the "what ifs" but ultimately enjoy myself,hope you both feel better soon xx

Just reading the side effects was enough for me, there so severe and can be fatal! It's impossible for someone suffering with health anxiety to not be freaked out by them. My doctor said the first week could make me very anxious but to ride through it, then maybe diarrhoea and nausea. I was reluctant just with these side effects but after reading the leaflet there are some really harmful, life threatening side effects. I'm surprised this drug is allowed with such high risks.

Did you have any side effects with CBD and do you use daily jaypo?

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 11:09:54 AM »

I’ve personally found the right HRT dose *plus* high dose magnesium and chamomile flower, lemon balm and lavender teas helpful. L-Theanine also helps a lot and to my understanding is very safe.

Also managing glucose spikes / dips through diet seemed to significantly offset my anxiety.

Think I'll try chamomile tea, that sounds harmless. Green tea makes me feel sick for some reason.

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 01:28:33 PM »

No side effects at all with the gummies,could've eaten the whole jar they were so yummy lol if you DO get them,only go to a reputable U.K. seller ,I used cannary or herbal health

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 09:45:20 PM »

Thanks, I'll give them a go when I'm back from hols, only going for a week but don't want to take anything that might upset me while away.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 09:07:35 AM »

Enjoy yourself madam,hope you have a nice time,let us know how it goes x

Blot

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 01:13:46 PM »

Hi Dierdre. Hope you are feeling a bit better today.
I understand the hesitation in taking meds.  And the doctors comments about making you feel very anxious to start with? That is enough to put me off. I decided never to read the side effects bits on the leaflets unless I experienced symptoms.

Somebody mentioned Passion flower extract? Haven’t tried it myself but might give it a go.

I also always become anxious in the run up to holidays but once I am there I usually relax and love it so hopefully you will too.

kathryn22

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 02:00:26 PM »

I get crippling anxiety at the moment
I take rescue remedy & White Chestnut both from Holland & Barrett Kalms and CBD gummies and GP just given me Propranalol Natural stuff helped a bit but sometimes you need a bit of prescribed assistance Also breathing exercises and distraction techniques can help. Hope you find some peace soon

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2024, 04:15:23 PM »

This year I haven't been able to book a holiday in Devon due to anxiety the moment I look at the Hotel website  :'(

Propranolol has helped over the years.  Bachs rescue remedy mouth spray also, used B4 anxiety begins.

If herbals were safe they would be available on the NHS.   ;).    I too don't read the leaflet and in my recent problem symptoms that I had weren't mentioned  :o

Add in the holiday aspect and anxiety can rise Dierdre  :-\.  It's the Pits!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 09:45:27 AM by CLKD »

Dierdre

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2024, 10:33:29 PM »

Feeling much better today as my ears have started to feel more normal and I think the tinnitus is not so loud.
My daughter warned me not to read the leaflet but I think the doctor had already put me off anyway by saying I would get anxious the fisrt couple of weeks and feel nausous. That was the last thing I needed. Some don't get side effects but I usually get the lot. I'll probably get them with herbal too but maybe they don't come with a leaflet so I won't know anyway if I've got one or not.
Not feeling as anxious about flying now my ears are improving,  hopefully the fluid is draining. I'm usually ok once I'm there and had a few glasses of wine and that warm sun on my aches and pains.
Pages: [1] 2