Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Has anyone been close to fainting? question  (Read 2549 times)

KaraShannon

Has anyone been close to fainting? question
« on: February 24, 2024, 01:42:30 PM »

Hi all

I get this a lot less since lowering oestrogen but it happened yesterday, probably because I accidentally put my combined evorel patch on a week late. 

I got out of the car and as soon as I started walking I knew my body was struggling to get the blood to my brain. There was nowhere to sit so I just kept walking slowly, tensing my arm muscles to try and get my body to transition.  I've been told it's likely low blood pressure and it's improved 95% since lowering oestrogen, but it happened. 

I was fine aside from this but when I got in a shop a lady was talking to me and it seemed very fast and I didn't seem to be answering her  as quickly.  I didn't have slurred speech or anything like that but I did feel like it was a bit of a struggle to be in conversation.  I was also still a bit dizzy.  She didn't really notice.

I worry about stroke, but thinking this was more like pre - syncope / fainting.  I knew I should be sat down and I didn't, I kept walking.

Has anyone had pre - syncope or fainted and felt like this beforehand?  It's not something that used to happen to me though I always had the dizziness on standing, it's just been more intense but lowered again with reduced oestrogen.  I'm not out of the woods with it though and I am going to arrange an appointment with the newson clinic as soon as I can.

Suffice to say I didn't eat properly or much the night before this and hadn't eaten that morning and was dehydrated.  Pre - faint doesn't bother me, the effort involved to hold conversation does, unless that's normal in that state too.

Thanks for your thoughts  :-\ :)

Jules

Re: Has anyone been close to fainting? question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 07:34:09 PM »

Ive felt very faint at times, usually when I feel sick but only once fainted. Its a horrible feeling. Voices start going blurred, you go clammy, often feel nauseas and if you dont lie down to get the blood back to your head you would pass out

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 08:29:51 PM »

This happens to me too. Ive had a few recent episodes when I have been so dizzy I couldn't get up or do anything. It is often accompanied by nausea and headache.

I'm off to see the dr next week. I'm guessing its hormonal.  I wondered if it was anaemia as I have had PMB and my blood tests did come back low and out of the normal range, but the nurse wasn't worried.

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 12:51:06 PM »

Ive felt very faint at times, usually when I feel sick but only once fainted. Its a horrible feeling. Voices start going blurred, you go clammy, often feel nauseas and if you dont lie down to get the blood back to your head you would pass out

thanks Jules, I think I was definitely someway along the road / pre-faint, but not there enough.  I didn't 'feel faint' but was aware I'd feel a lot better sat down as not enough blood to the brain after standing.  But managed to walk for 5 mins before entering that shop and the woman talking to me.  I think she was quite a fast speaker anyway, but it was just how I was having to 'find' my conversation, my words, and it was an effort (though she took no notice).  I feel like my brain and my body were not firing on all cylinders.  I've always worried about that dizziness on standing due to thinking over time that could lead to incremental brain damage, but had it all my life, it's only more pronouced on progesterone for a couple of days a month.  But I will mention to the newson clinic when I can go as I don't think I should let it carry on.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 12:55:17 PM »

This happens to me too. Ive had a few recent episodes when I have been so dizzy I couldn't get up or do anything. It is often accompanied by nausea and headache.

I'm off to see the dr next week. I'm guessing its hormonal.  I wondered if it was anaemia as I have had PMB and my blood tests did come back low and out of the normal range, but the nurse wasn't worried.

Hi Shropshirelass

Yes I'm wondering if there's a bit of anaemia going on as well, it would fit with the low energy I get at those times (always for me on the progesterone / oestrogen combined patch, not the oestrogen alone).

When you say you couldn't get up or do anything, do you mean fatigue?  Not literally?  I imagine you mean it's just a lot more difficult, but I'm asking because of my concerns about finding it such an effort to speak and hold a conversation. 

Funnily enough when this was happening I did have this nauseous feeling as well, but not in a really bad way like I had to get out of the shop, just as if I had something really 'hormonal' going on (and in a way I did because I'd put the combined patch on the night before when it was a week late!)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 01:20:25 PM »

By not being able to get up I meant that I felt like I'd faint. I most probably wouldn't have, but it does feel like that. I'm pretty sure its hormonal for me and I'm not sure what the best way is to alleviate it. It is scary though.