Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel 75 and low absorption any advice?  (Read 2036 times)

DalmatianAddict

• First Flush
Evorel 75 and low absorption any advice?
« on: February 18, 2024, 01:30:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

I am currently on Evorel 75 patches and Utrogestan, I'm still having periods. I was on tablet form HRT until the beginning of last year when my new GP changed me over to patches (evorel 50 to start) as she said it was better for women who had a diagnosis of endometriosis. I've not had symptoms of that for a long time though. Until I started these patches.

I've had the results of some bloods that were done to check the absorption of HRT and they've come back as adequate. My GP had said if it showed I had low absorption she would add in a gel for me. Because they've shown as adequate I've requested another appointment because I want better than adequate, I have been feeling awful for the last few months. Aches, fatigue, I feel bone weary and I've been so low with my mood.
Now, I do have Fibromyalgia and ME along with depression but I was managing very well and felt I was coping until I started the patches and especially the 75's.
I did muck up my Utrogestan in October when I was looking after my Mum who was ill and I didn't have a period until 2 weeks ago (thank goodness) so I wondered if that would have any effect of the results. I should have started taking them again 30th of October but didn't start again until 30th December.
To be completely honest I have no idea about how my hormones work which is terrible, I need an easy reading book.
I just want to feel well again, maybe the patches aren't suitable for me?
I hope the above isn't too much of a ramble, I do have lot going on.
Send help  ??? :D

Joaniepat

Re: Evorel 75 and low absorption any advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 02:59:07 PM »

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!
If you are on a 75 patch and your symptoms are uncontrolled, you can increase to a 100 patch and review after 2 or 3 months. Oestrogen is normally titrated on how you feel, rather than on blood test results, especially if you are still in perimenopause.
For an easy read, try the free resources on the Menopause Support website. From there you can read or download the guidance booklet Understanding Menopause by Diane Danzebrink. It is widely used, including by the NHS. The private FB group The Menopause Support Network is also well worth joining, for expert advice.
JP x