Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan side effects  (Read 2066 times)

Prudence

• First Flush
Utrogestan side effects
« on: February 14, 2024, 02:07:51 PM »

Hello, I have just joined this very informative site as I am struggling with HRT medication. I have just started taking Utrogestan and am waking up 3 times a night to wee, am getting very vivid unsettling dream and am totally exhausted which seems to negate the positive effects of HRT. Has anyone else found this and is there a better alternative?

AJ1988

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan side effects
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 02:11:52 PM »

Hey, i had the same when i first started to take this, it did settle after around 4 weeks

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan side effects
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 05:52:29 PM »

Hello, I have just joined this very informative site as I am struggling with HRT medication. I have just started taking Utrogestan and am waking up 3 times a night to wee, am getting very vivid unsettling dream and am totally exhausted which seems to negate the positive effects of HRT. Has anyone else found this and is there a better alternative?

Hi Prudence

:welcomemm:

Unfortunately getting up for a wee and vivid dreams are well known side effects of utrogestan. I have both, though now I'm older and sleep more deeply I only get up once while taking the utrogestan, instead of usually not at all. I take it cyclically though so only have to put up with this approx every 5-6 weeks. I also take it vaginally, not orally.

Perhaps you can tell us a little more about yourself and where you are in menopause in terms of cycle and periods, what oestrogen you are taking and the dose,   how long you've been taking HRT, how old you are, and what symptoms led you to start taking HRT. Then we may be able to help you further?

There are other progestogens to try but they are mostly synthetic.

Hurdity x