Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is this vertigo?  (Read 5602 times)

Dierdre

Re: Is this vertigo?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2024, 09:38:40 AM »

Thanks for that information, I'm sure it will be interesting to other vertigo sufferers.
Thankfully my vertigo episode was short lived and probably caused by the ear infection, that has now gone but still got some inner ear fluid and tinnitis. I did the Eplley manoeuvre and haven't had vertigo since 🤞
Would a virus in the inner ear cause the calcium crystals to come loose or would the vertigo just be because of the virus and too much inner ear fluid?

Ana21

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2024, 07:05:21 PM »

Hi Dierdre,

The purpose of the Epley maneuver is to reposition the crystals in a person's ear that are causing symptoms such as vertigo, dizziness and nausea.  If the Epley maneuver resolved your vertigo, it suggests some of your ear crystals had gone astray.  The timing may have been coincidental and the dizziness may simply have been due to the ear infection.

You'll know for sure if you have a recurrence.  I hope you don't.

Glad you're feeling better.

Edited to add that, yes, BPPV can be triggered by an ear infection, viral infection, head injury, keeping the head in the same position for a long time, such as in the dentist chair, etc.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 07:10:05 PM by Ana21 »

Dierdre

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2024, 09:44:10 AM »

Thanks Ana21, 🤞 not had anymore vertigo so must have been the ear problem, think it was viral. Tinitus still there but I had that before, it's just more noticable again but I think all the fluid has not all gone yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]