Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fed up of not being able to move  (Read 2237 times)

KaraShannon

Fed up of not being able to move
« on: February 01, 2024, 01:51:55 PM »

Literally that.  Sometimes it takes me all day to be ready for the day and then it's over and especially now where I live the streets are deserted by 4.  Is it me or is everyone home earlier these days, everyone but me it seems.

I work but I have nothing left for the days off.

miserable right now.

KaraShannon

Re: Fed up of not being able to move
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 04:00:07 PM »

Update, I decided yesterday I was viral, I've just been fighting it all week.

My patch changed to estradiol last night (from combined) and I slept well and feel like my nervous system is more 'reset' also. 

I was waking up with strange feelings in the chest, crawling, 'rising' feelings and then not feeling rested the next day.  On top of that, a virus so how much was that and how much might signal needing more oestrogen (I'm only on 50 still) I don't know.

If anyone has any experience of 'rising' and fluttering feelings in the chest that are linked to menopause I'd be interested.  Especially when they wake you up.  :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 01:07:45 AM »

Anyone on the 'rising' fluttering feelings?  Or nervy unsettled feeling?  where in the cycle is that meant to be?  My period has arrived now.

I stand by what I say in the first post, I'm happy to hear how others feel though.  I just think everything's changed since the pandemic (where to start!  well we are all aware of the state of the world)

Arya Underfoot

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 05:47:46 AM »

Hi Kara

Sorry to hear you're not well. I can relate to that lack of energy during the day, I find it really hard to motivate myself to do anything if I'm stuck at home, instead of being ready to face the day an hour after getting up it's more like 2-3 hours.

I also often wake up with anxiety, thinking I've forgotten to set the cat feeder, but I hadn't, and then comes on a hot flush and it takes forever to get back to sleep.

I'm waiting on some blood tests and will likely increase my oestrogen from 75 to 100. I hope you feel better on the new patches, just keep trying until you find something that works for you.