Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Prolonged spotting/bleeding. 47 not on any hrt or medication  (Read 587 times)

Dawnkelly1976

• First Flush
Prolonged spotting/bleeding. 47 not on any hrt or medication
« on: January 23, 2024, 12:23:30 PM »

Hi. I’ve been looking for advice.  I’m 47 and have always had a very regular cycle. I don’t use any contraceptives as partner has had the snip 10 years ago. In October I had a light period and the spotted for a week or so. Then back to normal for a month. In November I had a normal period. And then nothing until Christmas Day. And I’ve been bleeding ever since. So just starting five weeks of bleeding. It started light and pink. And now Is red blood. Not heavy, only need a panty liner. And usually only bloody when I wipe or go for a wee. I’ve had blood tests and all are normal. And I’m waiting for the blood to ease so I can have a cervix check. Has anyone else had anything similar. It’s starting to worry me now and cause some anxiety. Thank you in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Prolonged spotting/bleeding. 47 not on any hrt or medication
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 12:38:05 PM »

Hormones  ::).    :welcomemm:  my periods waxed and waned for several years - I knew it was the menopause - they were regular sometimes, then disappeared for months ......... then in 2002 they went.  At least the excruciating pains suffered when younger went. I had a few cold flushes, after a bath my skin would itch - loss of oestrogen - for a while .  I've been fortunate although I haven't for years been able to remember names or what I did yesterday.

Browse round.   Make notes. 

Which blood tests were arranged? 

Do read our threads on 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy - 4warned is 4armed.  Ask away, nowt is OTT here.

Bandango42

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 01:19:14 PM »

Hi

This exact same thing happened to me, a year before my periods stopped for 3 months and I began HRT.

My GP said it was perimenopause due to my family history (mother & grandmother went into menopause at 40, I'm 44), gave me some pills to stop the bleeding and everything was fine until my periods stopped.

I wouldn't worry unless it continues, I would guess it's your hormones xx

Dawnkelly1976

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 01:57:11 PM »

Hormones  ::).    :welcomemm:  my periods waxed and waned for several years - I knew it was the menopause - they were regular sometimes, then disappeared for months ......... then in 2002 they went.  At least the excruciating pains suffered when younger went. I had a few cold flushes, after a bath my skin would itch - loss of oestrogen - for a while .  I've been fortunate although I haven't for years been able to remember names or what I did yesterday.

Browse round.   Make notes. 

Which blood tests were arranged? 

Do read our threads on 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy - 4warned is 4armed.  Ask away, nowt is OTT here.

Thanks. It was the thyroid, iron, liver function and full blood count I believe to rule out any other complications. The doctor also sent me this wonderful website which is what led me to the forum.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 02:00:17 PM »

:medal: to the Doctor !

Perhaps take VitD supplements too as this can cause immense tiredness.  They won't hurt by taking them throughout the year as we don't get that much ☀️ apart from the odd weeks when it's too hot to go outdoors anyway  ::)

VioletAquarius

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 11:05:25 PM »

It sounds like peri menopause to me.  Although to put your mind at rest ask your gp to refer you for an ultrasound.

My periods were all over the place for years during peri, more so towards the end.

The length and flow were also very different each time, some lasting a couple of days to weeks on end.  Sometimes i had spotting, some normal, and some really heavy, flooding and clots.

I wasn't taking any hrt either.