Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Viruses are not like they used to be  (Read 8760 times)

Ayesha

Re: Viruses are not like they used to be
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2024, 10:36:07 PM »

Ayesha, Nuromol (combination of nurofen & paracetomol all in one) may help - must be taken with food first though - they were the only thing that helped my son and took the edge of the pain when he had an infected wysdom tooth xx  :foryou:

Yes I can confirm this is the best combination, it kills the pain completely. I am taking it in the form of Ibuprofen and paracetamol separately.

KaraShannon

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2024, 01:48:31 AM »

Well! - that was an interesting thread - I feel I need a lie down now  :o
Ayesha -  :hug:

Well it was bedtime when you commented so legit time to lie down 🤣

That's true Penguin 😂. The cockapoo sits right in front of me at 10pm every night as much as to say....."time for all 60yr olds (nearly!) to be tucked up  ;D"
Whoops! That's the time I pop up the pub and I'm almost 70. 😂

so refreshing to hear of another night owl.  I'm just reading through this thread, it's entertaining, so I thought I'd throw this in.  ;D

On the original topic I think viruses have got a little more vicious.  Our immunity might be low, but I wonder if they have become stronger in some way.  I don't know if there's any scientific reason for that though.  They are supposed to get weaker over time.

Jillyboo

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2024, 02:49:02 PM »

Personally I feel a bit like a pin cushion these days - it feels like they're always offering to jab the over 65s with something.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2024, 03:51:35 PM »

As we age the NHS offers more and more testing  ;D for men and women  ::)

I need to book my shingles jab ........

Jules

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 01:44:42 PM »

Personally I feel a bit like a pin cushion these days - it feels like they're always offering to jab the over 65s with something.

I said the same and ive just been for my nhs over 65s check. A lot of questions, height/weight/BP and a blood test. Didn't get any positive feedback,  advice or anything but then it was probably the receptionist doing it in her lunch break

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2024, 01:53:32 PM »

R U serious Jules .......... did U ask for any feedback?  It's a 2-way situation, our Nurses always chat as they do exams, usually about gardening, dog walking, holidays  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2024, 02:40:22 PM »

I found mine really helpful. A thirty minute appointment with one of the nurses. She knew her stuff and gave practical advice. My BP was high and this was all checked out by the practice during the following week. I found it a useful appointment but I did ask lots of questions.  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2024, 03:55:34 PM »

Were they about medical issues Taz2 ...........

Jules

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2024, 11:31:55 PM »

I guess there wasn't anything to comment on. She asked a series of tick box questions, diet i already know is good, smoking alcohol I don't do, the rest was the usual family history. I know my weight is fine, she told me my BP, I know the normal range and could have done that at home, I had blood test, she couldn't comment on that so I'll have to wait for results. She told me normal cholesterol has now to be below 4 which is wrong. The blood results will be the most helpful.

Taz2

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2024, 12:21:41 AM »

At our surgery you have to have the blood test two weeks before your check if you've not had one within the past six months. This is so the nurse can go through the results with you. It's part of the requirements for the health check. No blood test within the last six months means no health check appointment.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2024, 10:04:50 AM »

NICE keep moving the goal posts in order to sell more medication ?  Cynical.  Moi?

Dierdre

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:56 AM »

No not cynical, they would like all over 50's on statins for prevention but the side effects put many off. Probably why it's be lowered to 5 so to get more uptake but change of lifestyle should be the first option offered unless hereditary. The surgeries do get benefits for promoting these drugs I've been told.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2024, 11:30:49 AM »

Yep.  It used to be a tenner for every 'flu jab.   ::)

Statins don't come without side effects, we didn't have aches or pains but my blood sugars were raised for 4 months last year.   >:(. Not something that I had been warned about  :bang: :beat:

Taz2

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2024, 11:33:05 AM »

Is your blood sugar ok now CLKD?

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2024, 11:34:27 AM »

Tnx Taz yes.  But the Nurse didn't bother to let me know  >:(.  When I went for other bloods in November - can't remember what for - I queried why and was told blood sugars were now normal.  No joined up thinking these days  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6