Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Constant urge to pee  (Read 1536 times)

MrsSnow

• First Flush
Constant urge to pee
« on: December 07, 2023, 08:48:07 AM »

Hello, I have a constant urge to pee like a pressure.  I can last a couple of hours before peeing but have the same feeling as soon as I’ve been.  It happens through the night too.  I feel all fuzzy and sort of bruised down below sometimes like I’ve been kicked between legs.  I feel so tensed up!  I am about 1 week and a half into taking Vagirux loaded dose and I’m going to speak to dr about hrt soon.  I’ve also had traces of blood in my samples as I’ve had a uti/  I thought I’d had a couple but they say no infections.  I’m so uncomfortable and can’t think of anything else.  I just want to know if these sensations are ‘normal’ .  I have severe anxiety anyway and I’m in a right mess. Anyone had similar? 

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
Re: Constant urge to pee
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 09:33:18 AM »

I had to get up last night to pee three times, I don't know where my body gets so much fluids from because I was also drenched in sweat the entire night and changed three soaking wet nighties. My husband is still in bed so it's still wet on my side which I'll tackle later. My hair is still wet two hours after I got up. I've a hairdresser appointment today, it's going to be short very soon!

Anyway you asked about tight feeling in the bladder, yes, I get a tightening as soon as I think "toilet" I'm almost wetting myself and have had to press under my pubic bone to stop anything coming out of my urethra until I get to the loo. I feel my bladder squeezing, tightening, it happens suddenly and I don't always make it to the loo. I was taking vagirux for a few months and then the pharmacy started giving me an unbranded one with an applicator for each tablet. As much as I hate the extra plastic waste, it works a lot better imo and I've been making it to the loo >95% of the time now.

It's not happening atm, but I can have the constant feeling that I didn't empty properly and I still need to go. I think the longer I take oestrogel and the new vaginal oestrogen, the less frequently that is happening. It lasts a few days at a time for me. The vaginal oestrogen takes a long time to work, but I think it's doing something at last for me.

I'm sure it's a menopause symptom, I didn't have it until my late 40s.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 09:43:51 AM »

Vaginal atrophy Girls.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out including the vulval area.  Do read 'the bladders issues' thread and any that relate to vaginal atrophy.

Appropriate treatment eases symptoms. 

VA mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well  >:(

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 09:47:55 AM »

Prolapse?

pastie supper

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 10:30:22 AM »

Do read 'the bladders issues' thread and any that relate to vaginal atrophy.
Where is that thread? I did a search, but I don't see it.

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 10:51:08 AM »

Put Vaginal Atrophy in the search box and a load of threads should show up.

MrsSnow, your symptoms are very typical of Vaginal Atrophy, you have just started your treatment which can take weeks or months to take effect so patience is very much needed with this. If you think the treatment is not taking effect fast enough, use it every day until things feel better.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 11:07:38 AM »

Hi Mrs Snow. I agree with Ayesha. This is how my atrophy started with blood in the urine but no UTI detected plus feeling like you always need to pee and also the bruised almost swollen feeling. The treatment you have been given is the right one - although now, in my late sixties, I also need systemic HRT to give more relief. Try not to worry. There is so much about menopause which isn't talked about so it's natural that we are freaked out when different symptoms show up. There is also a brilliant book called Me and My Menopausal Vagina by Jane Lewis. It is available on Amazon.

You will gain lots of knowledge on here plus friendship and humour.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »

If the med that you have been prescribed isn't helping then ask for vagifem.  What U have is the cheaper version
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 01:34:33 PM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 11:54:45 AM »

If the med that you have been prescribed then ask for vagifem.  What U have is the cheaper version

It is cheaper but still the same ingredient I think. Our health authority is still using Vagifem but I understood that Vagirux is preferred in other authorities due to it only having one applicator per pack and hence cheaper to buy.

Taz x

Ayesha

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 12:04:41 PM »

Its cheaper because it uses less plastic. There has been posts on here that some women are having reactions to it and have gone back to Vagifem.
But if there are no side effects to using Vagirux then no point in changing product.

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »

Ovestin has been great for me.  One applicator per tube so less waste.  It takes a while to get on top of and needs constant maintenance.   

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2023, 04:33:12 PM »

And washing the applicators is not a problem, I have thin bottle brushes.

pastie supper

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2023, 05:18:21 PM »

There are generic tablets as well that aren't either vagifem or vagirux.
Mine come from Sun Pharmaceuticals and each one has an applicator.
I'm sure there are others the same, is gina the same, the OTC one?
Some people can usee any of them, most people can benefit from one of them at least.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 05:29:10 PM »

Gina - over the counter for ladies over 50 and who haven't had a period for a year.  I think.  Boots website has the info..

If a GP begins to prescribe generic medications of any kind it's usually due to cost.  Fortunately if my AD meds are generic my brain doesn't seem to notice the difference.  Nor with the statins.  MayB because I've been taking those for several years.