News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Nas  (Read 34436 times)

suzysunday

Re: Nas
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2023, 08:55:01 PM »

Hi Nas and so good to hear of your progress.  It's wonderful that you got the treatment you needed and well done for pursuing it when you knew something was wrong.  It must have been a shock to learn about the cells on your ovaries and fallopian tubes.  It's all going to take time to process, but as you say,  having the team at Christie's to support you is wonderful. I am so pleased you are making progress and you ARE amazing!  So good to hear your news xx

suzysunday

« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2023, 09:38:55 PM »

That last sentence seems a bit wrong now I look!  I meant it is good to hear that you are feeling positive and being well cared for by Christie's.  X

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2023, 10:15:11 PM »

Sending you such big hugs Nas.  Great to hear how positive you are.  Sounds like you're in excellent hands.  Wishing you all the best. xx

Nas

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2023, 01:17:01 PM »

Thanks Suzy and Dazedandconfused

Yes everything is sinking in now and slowly being processed.

I’ve got myself a notebook and have written all important contact details down. Also, a synopsis of what has been discussed at appointments etc.

Next challenge is on Monday, when i take my first lot of daily medication. Please let it be kind on the stomach, as I’ve only just got that sorted following the hysterectomy!

I’ve been thinking about work today and how I’m going to broach the subject. I’m a bit a worried they will try to get shot of me! The Head hasn’t contacted me once since I was signed off in mid November ( busy I suppose) Colleagues aren’t going to get it either. Even my aunt who has had BC herself over 20 years ago, can’t understand why it would come back in another part of the body other than the breast. Regular life will have to resume eventually, so I guess I will have to ride this one with you lovely ladies and what ever support I can find elsewhere 😊

Suzy, I will drop you a message this week ❤️

Xx

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 01:19:10 PM by Nas »

discogirl

« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2023, 01:28:22 PM »

Hi Nas

Good idea to keep a diary of important numbers and stuff.

Its a shame that the Head hasnt been in touch but I wouldnt even be thinking of work just yet.

They couldnt just get rid of you, if they did you'd definately have a case of unfair dismissal.

We are with you all the way Nas xxx

SarahT

« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »

Partner I think it's a good thing to feel safe at Christies, it shows a confidence in your team who are clearly working with you,  and you actually feel included in all that is going on ( something our amazing NHS cannot always provide, as much as they would like, as they are stretched so far). I get that you now feel a bit nervy in the ' outside world' and that you need to find a half way balance- so use us! We all want to be able to support you and mad as we all are ( Well, I speak for myself there naturally) we will always be a sounding board. Heaven knows you've done that enough times for me and so many others.

In your trusty notebook do write a few lines ready to talk to your boss,don't let them  brow beat you into something you are not ready for. If we feel weak, physically and emotionally it can be the worse time to try to stand up for yourself. Be prepared. If send them this way and let us have a go at them for you ;D
Take care partner x

Nas

« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2023, 01:32:59 PM »

Thanks disco
I’ve got a permanent contract and have been there 5 years. I fear they will say my role is redundant! I don’t want to be seen as the “ sick “ one if you get me?

I don’t do social
media much and have posted zero on my Facebook page re my health.

Will see what happens I guess. How are you disco? X

Penguin

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2023, 01:37:38 PM »

Thanks disco
I’ve got a permanent contract and have been there 5 years. I fear they will say my role is redundant! I don’t want to be seen as the “ sick “ one if you get me?

I don’t do social

I have just looked to see if cancer is a protected characteristic (I'd thought it was) and have found out it is classed as a disability which means they cannot make you redundant for anything at all to do with the cancer, or do anything that means you are treated less favourably than someone without cancer. The fact you have a permanent contract is also a very good thing.

Penguin

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2023, 01:38:30 PM »

Sorry that was a really quick and abrupt one from me as I hate the thought of you having to worry about work when you already have enough on your plate!

Nas

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2023, 01:41:44 PM »

Partner I think it's a good thing to feel safe at Christies, it shows a confidence in your team who are clearly working with you,  and you actually feel included in all that is going on ( something our amazing NHS cannot always provide, as much as they would like, as they are stretched so far). I get that you now feel a bit nervy in the ' outside world' and that you need to find a half way balance- so use us! We all want to be able to support you and mad as we all are ( Well, I speak for myself there naturally) we will always be a sounding board. Heaven knows you've done that enough times for me and so many others.

In your trusty notebook do write a few lines ready to talk to your boss,don't let them  brow beat you into something you are not ready for. If we feel weak, physically and emotionally it can be the worse time to try to stand up for yourself. Be prepared. If send them this way and let us have a go at them for you ;D
Take care partner x

Hey my lovely partner!
You are right of course. I’m going to write down what I plan to say. Just the facts I think and no more. I don’t know who knows what at work, but i do get  the sense that now the hysterectomy is done, that’s it, end of.

I love having the knowledge that you are all here as a sounding board, which gives me huge relief, more than you will all ever imagine.

I will find a way through the next phase… xxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2023, 02:13:22 PM »

Hello again Nas.

I realise that your Aunt means well but perhaps her knowledge is a little out of date.

You have told us that you had breast cancer fourteen years ago and that a type of cancer was found on your womb, hence the hysterectomy. I am pleased that all that is behind you and I hope the medication is kind to you on Monday.

I understand that you have had an issue with your lung and obviously I hope that isn't going to be a problem but I know a sixty year old woman who developed lung cancer after two episodes of breast cancer.  A part of her lung was removed recently and she is cancer free and recovering well.

I hope you don't mind me saying all the above but I wanted you to know that even if your lung is affected, the treatment is straightforward and successful.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

sheila99

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2023, 02:30:29 PM »

If work aren't aware of the cancer they may just be leaving you to recover until closer to your expected return date (though a 'hope the op went well' email might have been more appropriate). It would be good to put them in the picture so they know what to expect. I don't think they can make anyone redundant when their on sick leave? In any case it might be worth looking at your contract just for peace of mind, it should state how long you can be on sick leave for before they can terminate your contract. I hope you don't feel too rotten once the treatment starts. As above, I think lung cancer is treatable as long as it's caught early and you will be watched very closely.

ElkWarning

« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2023, 02:40:09 PM »

Are you in the NEU? If not, join now.

Nas

« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2023, 03:07:00 PM »

Are you in the NEU? If not, join now.

I’m with Unison

discogirl

« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2023, 04:38:00 PM »

Thanks disco

I don’t do social98

Hi Nas

Yes I understand but theyre lucky to have a member of staff like you. You have enough going on without having to worry about work.

I'll be thinking of you as you start your meds on Monday and also hoping they'll be as kind to you as possible.

Oh Im ok you how it is. 5 steps forward and 10 steps back. Feel like im dancing the dark.

Youve got such a strong mind. as well as having had a hysterectomy, having to cope with getting them pesky breast cancer cells sorted,  youve also had to come off hrt and you find it within yourself to ask how I am. You're one amazing woman xxx

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20