Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradot patches  (Read 598 times)

YE

• First Flush
Estradot patches
« on: November 07, 2023, 10:10:36 AM »

There have been no Estradot patches available for so long where I live... does anyone know why? I've been skimping on mine to make them last longer than they're meant to (changing them for less often than the the twice a week prescribed)
All the other estrogen patches seem to be enormous and make my skin burn. Has anyone found a small alternative to Estradot 100 please?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estradot patches
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 10:16:31 AM »

:welcomemm:  I am sure that someone will be along with advice.  U could put 'estradot' into the search box to see any threads that pop up: make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 12:51:53 PM »

Have you tried oestrogel? I'm OK with estradot and gel but allergic to evorel. I think they're supposed to be back in January.

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 02:42:08 PM »

I wrote to the new manufacturers of Estradot who say they are finding it hard to get hold of the raw ingredients, January was the timescale so was given. Someone suggested Estraderm as a viable alternative as the '  ingredient ' list and make in s similar. They are not small though.
I too am using all my old doses to make up by 125 prescription. Gonna look fabulous when I am down to only 25s left and do 5 in a row... But needs must.

Kelrob12

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 05:17:52 PM »

There have been no Estradot patches available for so long where I live... does anyone know why? I've been skimping on mine to make them last longer than they're meant to (changing them for less often than the the twice a week prescribed)
All the other estrogen patches seem to be enormous and make my skin burn. Has anyone found a small alternative to Estradot 100 please?

I had a post about the shortage, its so bloody annoying isn't it! I had to get evorel. I had a gut feeling from using them in addition to Estradot that I absorb more on them. Im not sure its all in my mind but I hate them 😂. Ive not checked my levels but I have had an awful headache - like sinus pain for a month, feel not right and my gut feeling is its the patch. Can say for certain tho but Im thinking of halving the evorel to see what happens. The estraderm is absolutely massive but id try it rather than this headache! Makes me want to stockpile in January 😂.
x

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 05:44:49 PM »

Having tried Evorel, Estradot and Oestrogel, I'd say the closest to Estradot isn't Evorel even though they are both patches.
I found Oestrogel to have a closer effect to Estradot.
Those two felt like they contained similar meds.
Evorel felt like there was no medicine put in the patches, and they substituted with itching powder!