Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Chronic fatigue  (Read 554 times)

Sunriser

Chronic fatigue
« on: October 24, 2023, 05:48:12 PM »

Hi. I am sleeping all night and then sleeping for a couple of hours in the morning and usually an hour in the afternoon too. I then roll into bed at 8pm.
After initial success with HRT I had to change to Utrogestan, Evorel 75 plus Estradiol. Libido has disappeared. Have had to make a private appointment for next month but I really hope that the consultant can help me.
All bloods and tests are clear.
Anyone out there had any success or progress from a similar situation? I’m feeling that I’m not even functioning at a basic level.

SarahT

Re: Chronic fatigue
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 06:26:23 PM »

Hello Sunriser,

Chronic fatigue can be a number of things.  I assume blood tests covered auto immune disease checks,  as well as thyroid check too? These are the obvious that spring to my mind along with ME and chronic fatigue syndrome.  Am sure others will be along with advice and experiences. Stress and anxiety can also bring on fatigue, but it may simply be linked also with your hrt which may need tweaking.

I would recommend you get fully prepared for your appt, maybe do a bit of a daily symptom diary to see if you can see a pattern from day to day. And write down any symptom that affects you, and a list of questions you want to go through.

Sorry not to be able to help you further, I am not trying to scare you with a false diagnosis - am not medically trained obviously ! But do tell the consultant exactly how you feel and how much it affects you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 06:32:19 PM »

:welcomemm:  I agree.  Take a list with you to discuss so that you don't forget anything.  Let us know how you get on.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 08:32:54 AM »

I have chronic fatigue/ME. As others have said, give your doctor all the info. Particularly if you know about anything happening at the onset eg starting your HRT, virus, stress, any pain. Hope you get some answers.

Sunriser

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 04:17:00 PM »

thanks SarahT,CLKD and Jules for your replies. They have really helped me because I started to do a timeline of my meno journey and learned a few things so I'm hoping it will be clear to the consultant when I see her and that she'll understand and be able to help improve my quality of life.
I had met my partner when I was starting to recover from a serious illness and my energy was starting to improve but then I noticed a slow deterioration. I thought I was heading for a relapse but long story short it was the menopause and HRT helped.
Then the HRT stopped being effective and I changed up, it worked for a while but this year has been a battle against more deterioration and I was again frightened of another relapse. Looking at my timeline I feel that I am dealing with menopause instead and I am now more hopeful for help.  :)

Jules

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 04:21:37 PM »

thanks SarahT,CLKD and Jules for your replies. They have really helped me because I started to do a timeline of my meno journey and learned a few things so I'm hoping it will be clear to the consultant when I see her and that she'll understand and be able to help improve my quality of life.
I had met my partner when I was starting to recover from a serious illness and my energy was starting to improve but then I noticed a slow deterioration. I thought I was heading for a relapse but long story short it was the menopause and HRT helped.
Then the HRT stopped being effective and I changed up, it worked for a while but this year has been a battle against more deterioration and I was again frightened of another relapse. Looking at my timeline I feel that I am dealing with menopause instead and I am now more hopeful for help.  :)

Good luck then

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 06:11:15 PM »

Let us know how you get on, wish you well