Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Does anyone get this?  (Read 2586 times)

KaraShannon

Does anyone get this?
« on: October 09, 2023, 10:45:44 AM »

Hi all

I still have a cycle, never stopped before starting evorel sequi, so not sure yet whether it's mine or not.

Anyhow, just before my period I get the strangest sensation of like a flutter in the centre of my chest behind the sternum, and at the same time I feel like my heart doesn't 'keep up' as well, like when I get up from a chair etc, postural stuff.

But the thing that bothers me more is that in the early hours of the morning I will wake up feeling like my heart is beating very weakly, as if it were just a butterfly wing fluttering in there.  There's also this feeling as though the gravity is being lost from the room and I'm 'rising' in the bed.  I hate it, it wakes me up.  I don't feel grounded. 

Sometimes building vibration wakes me but not usually, so I don't know if this is a variant on that that's more rare, (surge in shower pipes or something?) or me.  I suspect it's me because it's like some sort of 'rush' and I find that it's usually before my period.  So I'm either more sensitive to a real building thing happening then, due to hormones, or it is just me and hormones.

Anyone else wake to a 'rising' feeling, as if not grounded in their bed, and a rising feeling in upper body and fluttery or very slow heart at the same time? 

jaypo

Re: Does anyone get this?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 12:17:32 PM »

Hi there,seems a lot of people have this,including me at times,early morning is adrenaline rush time,my fluttering would be up high,in the middle of my stomach,anxiety doesn't help,which seems to come hand in hand with the adrenaline,so all fairly "normal " but always check anything new with your Dr  :)

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 12:20:43 PM »

Look up “internal vibrations” on here and you’ll find lots of posts about it.  I had it and it was horrible x

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 02:40:34 PM »

Hi there,seems a lot of people have this,including me at times,early morning is adrenaline rush time,my fluttering would be up high,in the middle of my stomach,anxiety doesn't help,which seems to come hand in hand with the adrenaline,so all fairly "normal " but always check anything new with your Dr  :)

jaypo, yes it's like the feeling you get when you're just going over a steep slope on a rollercoaster, is that similar to what you've experienced?

It's milder than that but a weird floaty feeling

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 02:42:27 PM »

Look up “internal vibrations” on here and you’ll find lots of posts about it.  I had it and it was horrible x

Dotty, thanks I'll look it up tonight when home from work.

What was your's like?  There are some real building vibrations here, but they don't bother me, they are felt by others.  But this I wouldn't like to be the building as it's horrible.  So I'd rather this one is me but as I'm half asleep when it's happening, I wake up, thinking what's going on, then I'm dying, then I wake up later only vaguely remembering.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 02:57:30 PM »

Cortisol/adrenaline Kara,it's the lowering oestrogen,as it's another thing that it controls,so many women have this in the early hours,I've also had the tremors,like the bed is vibrating,when it first started,I honestly thought there was an earthquake or at least a minor one 🙄

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 09:07:07 PM »

Cortisol/adrenaline Kara,it's the lowering oestrogen,as it's another thing that it controls,so many women have this in the early hours,I've also had the tremors,like the bed is vibrating,when it first started,I honestly thought there was an earthquake or at least a minor one 🙄

Thanks Jaypo

I had no idea about this one  :o