Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Please help. New shaped oestrogel bottle. Is it possible to get a faulty batch?  (Read 38624 times)

joziel

I don't know, it's hard to say what my 6 pumps of gel would equate to!

I was originally on patches but I don't think I was absorbing those very well either, although I never got above a 75mcg patch - it was 195pmol. So I guess I'm going in the right direction, but I seem to need a high dose to get decent amounts. I'd like to be 400-600pmol...

Julia Dizzy

I've just picked up my new prescription of gel - and I have been given one old shaped bottle with the green swirl and top and labelled Oestrodose - and one new shaped with the round white top!
Not seen Oestrodose for years! Anyone else seen it lately? So far no issues....

Sue1972

I've just picked up my new prescription of gel - and I have been given one old shaped bottle with the green swirl and top and labelled Oestrodose - and one new shaped with the round white top!
Not seen Oestrodose for years! Anyone else seen it lately? So far no issues....

I thought I had found the holy grail when I was given this shaped bottle with the green lid but unfortunately the Oestrodose did not work for me.  :-\

GypsyRoseLee

Sorry to hear you're struggling. This might be a shot in the dark, but in the days when I could use Estrogel I noticed that using a very rich, moisturising shower cream could really reduce it's effectiveness. Same with a spray tan too.

Do either of these apply?

Banjo1973

Hi Julia,

I had Oestrdose once. It was absolutely useless. I nosedive and was a mess within 3 days.

Please take care using this x

Sue1972

Hi Julia,

I had Oestrdose once. It was absolutely useless. I nosedive and was a mess within 3 days.

Please take care using this x

Hi Julia,
I found it to be the same as the gel in the new Oestrogen bottles with the white lids. The smell and the consistency! I had a complete return of all symptoms when I was given the new shaped Oestrogel bottles. When I was then given the Oestrodose and it just seemed like the same product, I decided to switch to a new gel and everything has been so much better and I no longer dread going to the pharmacist to see what I have been given.

I hope you have also managed to find something that works for you. x

GypsyRoseLee

Back in 2016 when I was a patient under Prof Stuff, the private pharmacy he used only stocked Estrogel. The head pharmacist told me that none of the private consultants on Harley Street etc prescribed Oestrodose because it was inferior to Estrogel.

Sue1972

Back in 2016 when I was a patient under Prof Stuff, the private pharmacy he used only stocked Estrogel. The head pharmacist told me that none of the private consultants on Harley Street etc prescribed Oestrodose because it was inferior to Estrogel.

I actually feel they might be trying to pass off Oestrodose as Oestrogel, which would account for the change for many women. When I used it because I could not get the old Oestrogen, it definitely seemed to be the same as the stuff I was getting in the new Oestrogen dispenser.

Tynkabelle

This thread intrigues me because I am on Oestrogel and used to have bottles that had a blue top, take 4 pumps a day and no issue.

The latest prescription appears to have a different bottle that has a weird top where you have a nozzle thing and for the past week, I have started to get some night sweats and the odd stomach cramp - may be coincidental but after seeing this thread am wondering if mine is connected. Will do the daily diary and record any symptoms and if continues will contact the Dr. 🤔

Banjo1973

Is your new bottle cylindrical?

If so, I really don't think it's a rogue batch, I think it's their new product. If it's no longer working for you, don't do what I did (ie continually increasing the dose for months). Get a new form of oestrogen ASAP X

Sue1972

This thread intrigues me because I am on Oestrogel and used to have bottles that had a blue top, take 4 pumps a day and no issue.

The latest prescription appears to have a different bottle that has a weird top where you have a nozzle thing and for the past week, I have started to get some night sweats and the odd stomach cramp - may be coincidental but after seeing this thread am wondering if mine is connected. Will do the daily diary and record any symptoms and if continues will contact the Dr. 🤔

Ditto what Banjo1973 said. I messed on for ages trying to get hold of the old bottles and then thinking it was maybe just in my head and I should give the new bottles a bit longer. All the time my symptoms were getting worse and worse.

Some people have no issues with the new bottles but some of us are ultra sensitive to the changes (even though Bessins say there are none!)

x

Tynkabelle

Hey Banjo and Sue

Thank you both for your messages.

Yes it is cylindrical and will keep going for a little longer with it but agree, if symptoms continue will look for an alternative 👍
Have a pleasant weekend 😀

Christine79

Oh my I am so glad I found this thread. My last prescription was the cylindrical bottles with clear lids. The last few week my symptoms have come back, night sweats, hot flushes and extreme anxiety. Now I'm worried that it's these new bottles. I am already on 4 pumps a day.

I have booked a gp review but it's over a week away. Has anyone moved onto something else like a estrogen patch??

Any advice? Thanks Christine

Sue1972

Oh my I am so glad I found this thread. My last prescription was the cylindrical bottles with clear lids. The last few week my symptoms have come back, night sweats, hot flushes and extreme anxiety. Now I'm worried that it's these new bottles. I am already on 4 pumps a day.

I have booked a gp review but it's over a week away. Has anyone moved onto something else like a estrogen patch??

I  moved onto a different gel and it has been so much better x

Banjo1973

Hi Christine,

I moved to Sandrena  along with many of my friends and haven't looked back. Apart from one, who didn't get on with it then found happiness with Evorel.

Please don't flog a dead horse with something that is no longer serving you x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16