Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Please help. New shaped oestrogel bottle. Is it possible to get a faulty batch?  (Read 37639 times)

Sue1972

Louise Newson has just posted about this on her Instagram! Do check it out. Someone has been weighing the doses from the new bottle - not only are they lower than the old bottle, they are also inconsistent.

I have just seen that report on Twitter X too. 👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:thankyou:   charging the same though?

Peri1981xx

• First Flush

That’s exactly what I thought CLKD! it’s a bit like the size of a tin of quality street being reduced slyly and price staying the same ;)

CLKD

As well as removing the purple papered sweets from the tins  :o >:(

Jenna

I also had problems with the new shaped bottles.

I posted on this forum a few months ago about all my symptoms returning and that once I was given the old shaped bottle again I felt so much better.

I reported this on the yellow card scheme and I have received an e-mail from Bessins today asking for permission to contact my doctor

We take the safety and quality of our products seriously. As part of a pharmaceutical company’s statutory requirement imposed by the regulatory authorities, Besins Healthcare is required to follow up on any suspected adverse events that we become aware of concerning our medicines. This helps us to monitor the safety profile of our medicines.

For this reason, it would be useful for Besins Healthcare UK to contact your doctor or another healthcare professional regarding this report.

Hopefully the more of us who report this closer we may get to having an answer as to why our symptoms came back on the new shaped bottles🤞

Hi Sue1972,

As a matter of interest, did the Yellow Card Scheme contact you first to ask if they could pass your details onto Besins? I just wondered.  :)

Sue1972

I also had problems with the new shaped bottles.

I posted on this forum a few months ago about all my symptoms returning and that once I was given the old shaped bottle again I felt so much better.

I reported this on the yellow card scheme and I have received an e-mail from Bessins today asking for permission to contact my doctor

We take the safety and quality of our products seriously. As part of a pharmaceutical company’s statutory requirement imposed by the regulatory authorities, Besins Healthcare is required to follow up on any suspected adverse events that we become aware of concerning our medicines. This helps us to monitor the safety profile of our medicines.

For this reason, it would be useful for Besins Healthcare UK to contact your doctor or another healthcare professional regarding this report.

Hopefully the more of us who report this closer we may get to having an answer as to why our symptoms came back on the new shaped bottles🤞

Hi Sue1972,

As a matter of interest, did the Yellow Card Scheme contact you first to ask if they could pass your details onto Besins? I just wondered.  :)

Hi Jenna,

I don't think they did but the whole reason I reported it was because I wanted Bessins to investigate this, so I have no problem with them contacting me. I am just pleased to know they are looking into it. x

Jenna

Thanks, Sue.  :)

Yes, it will be interesting to see what Besins discover!

CLKD

Let us know !

KittyKats

I also have felt much worse starting the new cylindrical bottle. My pharmacist managed to find a few of the old blue topped bottles and has kindly swapped them over for me. She said the formulation can vary and effect certain people and that she'd seen it before with thyroxine meds varying. I've submitted a yellow card as I feel this should be looked into.

Banjo1973

Hi KittyKat,

I don't know how many dud batches of Oestrogel there are, but I was doing great on 3 pumps of 'old' Oestrogel and slowly declined on cylindrical Oestrogel.

I was so fed up with people telling me 'it's the same product'. It clearly isn't. It feels different and all my symptoms returned. I could only just keep my symptoms at bay by increasing to 5 or 6 pumps a day.

On the advice of a friend I switched to Sandrena a few months back and am back to my old self.

Sandrena is a bit sticky and I did prefer the convenience of a pump, but apart from that it is wonderful stuff.

I know several people who also made the switch due to new oestrogel not working and all bar one are delighted. The one who didn't get on with Sandrena found happiness with Evorel.

There is life after 'new' Oestrogel.

Good luck xxx

Twinmummi123

Wow just read this after posting about having breakthrough bleeds and just not feeling right for the last 5-6 weeks…weirdly this is when I started the new shaped bottle!! Ugh now what!!

Banjo1973

We're all individuals, so I can't tell you to ditch new oestrogel with any certainty that sandrena will work. But I can tell you I persevered with new oestrogel because I was so scared of making things even worse. So I just upped and upped my dose. I kept reading that the bottle was dispensing less etc. But in my head I knew the product had changed. It used to feel silky and make my skin unbelievably soft.

Anyway.6 pumps a day would stop the night sweats and the terrible brain fog, however I never felt great, only ok.

Once I switched (and the transformation was within a day or so) I felt amazing. Sharp brain, confident, decisive and having way more energy.

I flogged a dead horse with new oestrogel for months. I wish I hadn't.

I would suggest give Sandrena go once your 'old' oestrogel runs out. There'll be plenty of 'new' oestrogel waiting for you if you decide to switch back (can't imagine there'd ever be a shortage of that sh1t)

Good luck and keep us posted

Jillyboo

So they've decided to revert to a cylindrical bottle? That was the shape I first encountered back in 2011. It was gold with a white top.

I'm guessing they'd had enough of the debate about green and orange squares and decided to draw a line under it once and for all.

Julia Dizzy

I find the stopper on the new white top bottle very annoying, it gets in the way when trying to pump out. I've ended up just ripping it off, don't know if you are supposed to?!

Does anyone know if Estradot 50 is back out there yet? I think I will be going back to that if it is.

Thanks

Pippa52

Julia Dizzy....After being happily and well on Oestrogel for over 20 years I had real trouble on it when the new batches arrived after the shortages of HRT.  Something has changed as I just did not absorb it at all and my blood test level was 55 pmol so as the Meno consultant rightly said I might as well not have been on HRT at all.  I have given up on it and am now on Estradot patches which are just coming back available again apparently.  I don't think 50 patches are available just yet but I was prescribed 25 patches to double up on till they do. x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15