News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Cats  (Read 25137 times)

Katherine

Re: Cats
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2023, 08:35:28 AM »

Well thank goodness the door handle wedge and tin foil worked. I slept 7 hours straight and feel more human today! Thanks for your help ladies. X

Taz2

« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2023, 09:20:08 AM »

Good news! I've never slept that long 😁

Katherine

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2023, 02:37:22 PM »

I would normally only sleep 3-4 hours in one go then up for the loo but I was exhausted. Hoping for another good sleep tonight. Got some work done today too thank goodness.

Fuzzwhizzer

• First Flush
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2023, 12:13:37 AM »

I’m a cat lady through and through! Have two cats a big black boy called Gerard who is a complete wimp and adorable and a mini long haired girl who is all colours and totally kick-ass! (Naturally!) I volunteer at a local cat rescue once a week too and all the cats I’ve met over the last 11 years have been astonishing and amazing. Love love love all the cat stuff! They really are the most fantastic friend, especially at our time of difficulty. Xx

Katherine

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2023, 09:11:43 AM »

I’m a cat lady through and through! Have two cats a big black boy called Gerard who is a complete wimp and adorable and a mini long haired girl who is all colours and totally kick-ass! (Naturally!) I volunteer at a local cat rescue once a week too and all the cats I’ve met over the last 11 years have been astonishing and amazing. Love love love all the cat stuff! They really are the most fantastic friend, especially at our time of difficulty. Xx

Oh that’s fantastic and I totally agree, mine is just my best friend! She follows me everywhere, she is so sweet, and entertaining and when I’m upset she knows, and lays on me or puts her paw on me and looks up at me with a certain look in her eyes, she knows! I love her more each day bless her.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2023, 10:05:57 AM »

My little girl sat close by purring gently when I was very ill.  Like "It'll B OK". 

Katherine

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2023, 10:43:57 AM »

The foil is still working thank goodness. We have established a regular morning routine and she seems happy. she slept on my lap for the first time ever yesterday evening. she is very jumpy and wary being from a neglectful home so it was so nice.

SarahT

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2023, 10:56:18 AM »

hi Katherine

I would cross this into the good news thread too! 😻 It hard to try to get through a day with little or disturbed sleep. So your new routine seems to benefit both of you. We always have rescue animals and when they do something such as choosing to sleep on you, that's a due to her trust, and you have instilled trust that in her with your own  kindness and love. Having animals in your life is a full relationship just as with people,  we all make mistakes and sometimes haven't a clue what we are doing,  but the hard times are so worth it for a sleeping happy cat and her slave, oops sorry, owner. X

Katherine

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2023, 06:25:41 PM »

Hi Sarah, I agree it’s so satisfying when you see that they trust you. It’s taken 2 years for her to sleep on my knee and well over a year just to sit on my knee.x

Katherine

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2024, 08:37:50 PM »

Ladies I just have to tell you this. It is both hilarious and unnerving. When I’m in the kitchen doing my pelvic floor exercises on my own, my cat starts meowing at me urgently. If she is upstairs or in another room she will appear quickly and start meowing at me. I don’t make a sound except maybe slightly louder breathing so how on earth does she know? My app has the sound off. It’s a mystery!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2024, 08:57:01 PM »

;D : because U R on the floor doing strange actions and they have acute hearing for catching mice so she'll be aware of any alteration in breathing

Katherine

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2024, 09:30:42 PM »

I’m stood up doing them, she can’t see me, and I’m just stood holding my phone! I guess it must be the slightly heavier breathing but oh my goodness if she can hear that from
Upstairs! Also why the urgent meowing? It’s so funny. I now have to lock myself in the bathroom to concentrate on doing them! ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 09:32:44 PM by Katherine »

Taz2

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2024, 09:51:23 PM »

That's funny. Pelvic floor exercises shouldn't alter your breathing though. The whole thing is to do them without showing any sign that you are. Are you over-enthusastic  ;D

Taz x

Katherine

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2024, 10:48:08 PM »

I tend to breath in as I squeeze as it helps me squeeze harder. It’s not that loud though taz!!

Taz2

« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2024, 11:08:59 PM »

;D cats are strange creatures. I have four asleep here on the sofas. Only two are actually mine  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9