Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tooth Extraction tomorrow, being sedated & very scared  (Read 3003 times)

Cazikins

Tooth Extraction tomorrow, being sedated & very scared
« on: August 23, 2023, 04:14:26 PM »

Hello Everyone, hoping for some encouragement & hand holding - these are the times I miss my Mum  :'(.

I've had a bad tooth, lower jaw 3rd from back & It's been filled so many times over the years.

About 6 months ago it chipped & a temporary filling was put on. That broke & my local private dentist wanted to take an X-Ray but little ole me with apparently my "small mouth"  ;D ;D was to small for the film to go in - so I was sent to the local hospital to have a dental x-ray scan where I could keep my mouth shut, & it rotates around your head .... easy peasy. ::)

Results showed it needed to come out  :o :o.

So tomorrow at mid day I shall be travelling about 40 miles to a dental practise that are able to "SEDATE" me & extract the offending tooth.

They have assured me that although I will probably be aware of what's going on I will feel relaxed  :D.

Anyone have experience of having this procedure? 

Cazikins x  :cat48: :cat48: :cat48:

Flossieteacake

Re: Tooth Extraction tomorrow, being sedated & very scared
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 04:21:32 PM »

Aw, I can understand why you are feeling anxious. I have had two wisdom teeth out and I could not feel anything but the sensation of pulling. The dentist was so nice and it all went well. I am sure tomorrow will be the same for you and it will be all over with before you know it. :)

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 04:23:48 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake.
That's very reassuring to know.
And were you sedated? how do they sedate you?
xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 04:26:18 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake.
That's very reassuring to know.
And were you sedated? how do they sedate you?
xx

I had a local aesthetic so not sedation. I bet with sedation will be even smoother as you will not even be aware of the sensation in your mouth. :)

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 04:29:57 PM »

I had sedation a few times in my late teens due to fear of dentists. Injection in back of hand, diazepam or similar, and I drifted off to sleep and woke up at the end each time. It is fully reversible, so there is no need to worry, they can bring you round whenever they want and reassured me of that, it is not like a general anaesthetic at all. Although if the dentist has said you will be awake but relaxed, perhaps there is a new type that is even lighter. Mine was decades ago now and I'm sure things have improved a lot!

Cazikins

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 04:33:03 PM »

LOL hopefully it will feel like I am very slightly tipsy.  ;)

The trouble with me is I want to swallow all the time they try & do any dental work. it's very difficult & I end up dribbling everywhere.

Ah well this time tomorrow it will be all over.

Just seen your post Penguin, that is very re-assuring, thank you so much. That I can handle. Just have to wait & see what they give me

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes well and you keep us updated. :)

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2023, 04:47:49 PM »

You won’t be asleep Cazikins but you will be oblivious to what’s going on and you won’t remember much.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 06:23:52 PM »

U will need to have someone to drive you home!  That is something that the Surgery should check with you prior to doing the procedure.

Good Luck.  It'll be like having a rum and coke ;-).

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 07:02:06 PM »

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Cazikins. I'm sure that sedation is a good choice for you. I'm the same having teeth out.

Taz x  :hug:

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 10:25:57 PM »

U will need to have someone to drive you home!  That is something that the Surgery should check with you prior to doing the procedure.

Don't worry, the Surgery emphasized very strongly in their initial correspondence about all of that!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope all goes well and you keep us updated. :)

Thank you so much Flossieteacake, I'm off to bed soon just hope I get some sleep.

You won’t be asleep Cazikins but you will be oblivious to what’s going on and you won’t remember much.

That sounds good to me littleminnie x

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Cazikins. I'm sure that sedation is a good choice for you. I'm the same having teeth out.

Taz x  :hug:

Thanks Matey, it's no fun getting older. I've always been scared stiff of the dentist but I know things have got a lot better since the late 60's. xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2023, 07:29:29 AM »

All the best for today Cazikins.

Penguin

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2023, 07:32:26 AM »

Wishing you well Cazikins, am sure you'll be fine x

mandss

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2023, 05:19:48 PM »

I have been sedated twice for tooth extractions, I do not remember a single thing about either procedure. Good luck hun, you will be fine, it will be over before you even realise that you have nodded off xxxxx

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 06:09:34 PM »

How did it go Cazikins?
Hope you are ok.
Pages: [1] 2