Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pins, needles, carpal tunnel... fluid retention? please help!  (Read 1437 times)

floraljo

Pins, needles, carpal tunnel... fluid retention? please help!
« on: August 03, 2023, 11:25:53 AM »

Hi, has anyone sufferer this in hands, feet, wrists and found a solution? I'm seeing neuro next month to rule out other things. But I noticed recently my wedding ring doesn't fit me anymore. My body doesn't look bigger but when I weigh myself I'm a few more kg than I expect  so I'm wondering if fluid retention is a cause.  I had noticed some leg swelling sometimes when fluctuates.
I'd love to hear stories or anyone who resolved nerve pain. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pins, needles, carpal tunnel... fluid retention? please help!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 04:33:40 PM »

OK let's begin with the arms/hands - do you wake with arms hanging down the bed to ease pins and needles?  This is typical carpal tunnel syndrome which can be diagnosed by a simple wrist examination.  Common in pregnant ladies so may be related to your hormone upheaval.  Over the counter splints for night time use may help.

Is the wedding ring too tight?  It certainly could be fluid retention or the simple fact that a few extra pounds have crept on, which mayB normal for your age.  Some days I weigh heavier than others by a few pounds.  Always weigh at the same time of day twice a week. 

If there is compression in the cervical spine you may experience similar symptoms.  Do take a list of complaints to the appt. and let us know how you get on.

orrla

Re: Pins, needles, carpal tunnel... fluid retention? please help!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 03:27:15 PM »

How old are you?

My legs swelling was one of the first symptoms that came with my Menopause, at Peri stage. Now I must wear prescription knee-high compression stockings, prescribed by Vascular Surgeon, after I developed Varicose Eczema in my lower legs.... as usually, diagnosed late..

Such swelling is genetic.

Other than walking, keeping fit, proper diet, good moisturisers, no other ideas are out there... to my knowledge..

Best!