Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Covid again! Anyone else?  (Read 10912 times)

Taz2

Re: Covid again! Anyone else?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2023, 10:21:49 AM »

I'm glad you don't seem too badly affected CLKD . What day are you up to? Fever gone?

Taz x  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2023, 10:24:56 AM »

Morning Taz

recap = Thursday last week: sneezed all day, runny nose.  Fri/Sat very tired, blurred vision.  Sunday well again.  Monday/Tuesday got on with chores - began to feel off on Tuesday afternoon and by wed new something wasn't 'right'.  DH tested positive on Monday; both positive on Thursday.

Sore throats, spasmodic coughing.  Don't know if we had a fever although we both ran hot and cold  ::).  Will test again tomorrow.  Me - Blurred vision and very muggy head this morning.  Can't be bothered with much  ::). It's certainly a strange one!  Not at all like 'flu.

Taz2

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2023, 11:02:19 AM »

Is it the first time you've had it? It's different for me this time than last. Cleared it faster but I'm not sure, looking back, when it actually started this time. Muscle aches are worse but cough is much less than the first time. Lots of cases locally here (South) Take it easy.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2023, 12:01:43 PM »

1st positive tests for both of us.  Even the gut problems 12/18 months ago didn't give a positive test.

My sister tries to tell me that she had it 'again last week and it gets easier each time'.  She no longer tests; apparently.  Although being in the care industry  >:( but she's trying to elicit a response from me.  Too weary to play her games.

Speaking to Mum's practice nurse yesterday, there is a high rise of cases in East Anglia.

ElkWarning

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2023, 09:40:31 PM »

Hello.  Long time no see.

We both had covid in March 2022, got better, except my husband not so much, carried on being tired for ages.  And we had it again recently at the beginning of June.  Ye gods!  I felt awful for a few days, like could barely move, but he's been so ill.  Before the first lot of covid, he was running, going to the gym, working, managing a huge allotment, and then he sort of lost his legs.  This time round, well, he can't shift the cough, despite antibiotics, can't walk far (e.g. to the shops) without breathlessness, can't stay awake, can't think.  It's really hit him hard, and he was a super fit bloke, slim and athletic.

^^ I hope your recoveries go better.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2023, 09:04:11 AM »

Elk Warning - that's awful.  Your DH needs to get onto a 'long covid' research group for support.  Also physiotherapy on a regular basis to encourage muscle mass.  the 1st muscles to atrophy are the thighs which impacts on the whole body.  Breathlessness is scary.

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2023, 10:33:45 AM »

Posts hijacking this topic have been moved to a separate thread.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67180.0.html

Aprilflower

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2023, 10:41:41 AM »

Shame it's locked for further posts.  That says a lot.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2023, 10:47:12 AM »

Shame it's locked for further posts.  That says a lot.

I agree this place isnt to give opinions even based on fact. Im out this forum its nothing but a place for one sided arguments and I call people hunni if I choose to that is an extremely aggressive response CLKD you took this all too far.

Marchlove

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2023, 10:50:42 AM »

I’ll start a new thread later that hopefully won’t get locked   :'(

Losingtheplot

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2023, 11:00:59 AM »

I’ll start a new thread later that hopefully won’t get locked   :'(

Its been moved hunni but feel free my threads get hi jacked all the time and I never report to moderator as its a public forum! But hey ho

Losingtheplot

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2023, 05:24:11 AM »

Posts hijacking this topic have been moved to a separate thread.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67180.0.html

Can I ask where my thread is please? It's disappeared?

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2023, 06:25:27 PM »

We are better  :thankyou: in that two negative tests.  Still tired.  Still coughing occasionally  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2023, 06:59:26 PM »

That's good news CLKD! I've been afflicted by post covid fatigue this time around. Probably my own fault for not taking it easy for long enough whereas last time I tested positive for 15 days, had to go to A&E on day 10 for fast heart rate and was told to take it easy for a further two weeks. I keep forgetting I'm not so young any more  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2023, 07:34:42 PM »

We've been to the Zoo, when we got home I slept for a couple of hours. Flat out  :o: it was a long journey, very hot and lots of people but worth it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6