Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2920 times)

3_claire_3

• First Flush
Hello!
« on: July 17, 2023, 01:11:58 PM »

Hey all, so I'm new  :-\    Here's a wee rundown of what's what in my little menopause journey.  Fair warning, I do blether on sometimes  :)

Something strange, but delightful happened last year - my period stopped for three months, BUT also, my mood was crappy, I couldn't think straight and I felt like I was losing my mind.  After I finished celebrating (the period part) I thought I should probably contact the doc to just double check on my self diagnosis!  The GP who called me had decided that, yes, it was time, the old menopause party bus was at my stop and I had to get on (pending blood tests). 
After the blood tests a different GP called me to discuss the results and there was nothing untoward BUT she pulled an emergency stop on the menopause party bus!  Had some other bloods done and turned out I was B12 deficient - hang in there this does become more relevant.  Oh and my period rather erratically re-entered the mix.
SO after some B12 jabs in December 2022 (they are bleeping sore by the way), I'm bid a fond farewell by my surgery and on I go, feeling not a heck of alot better to be honest.
Since then my mood has deteriorated the most and the other symptoms are still there only a wee bit worse, but I'm now at the point where I had a full on one sided argument with my new lawn mower the other day (anyway, I won), so back in touch with the surgery and I am once again awaiting the menopause party bus. 
Actually I'm getting on the perimenopause train.   :ola:
I've just been to get my blood pressure and weight checked and, hopefully, by the end of this week I'll have some patches to stick somewhere below waist level.  Let the fun times begin!!

Claire   ;)

Flossieteacake

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 01:30:00 PM »

Hello Claire and welcome to the forum. I hope you can get some HRT by the end of the week. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 02:00:24 PM »

You'll fit right in  :D  :welcomemm:  Be careful of new tools, they have a habit of biting back!

The Change - does what it says on the tin: and some!

My periods waxed and waned for several years B4 they disappeared completely.

You blether away.  We talk about everything here, even menopause  ;D

When do U get the next set of B12 jab?  I understood that these were on-going depending on repeated blood tests? 

Let us know how you get on.

3_claire_3

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 02:20:04 PM »

Hello Claire and welcome to the forum. I hope you can get some HRT by the end of the week. :)

Hi and thanks :)

3_claire_3

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 02:27:09 PM »

You'll fit right in  :D  :welcomemm:  Be careful of new tools, they have a habit of biting back!

The Change - does what it says on the tin: and some!

My periods waxed and waned for several years B4 they disappeared completely.

You blether away.  We talk about everything here, even menopause  ;D

When do U get the next set of B12 jab?  I understood that these were on-going depending on repeated blood tests? 

Let us know how you get on.

Hi, yes I was given six needles over two weeks and six months later had to get more bloods done.  B12 was 'OK' they said but my iron levels had dropped.  It's never dull!!!   So no more B12 needed and keeping an eye (every six months!) on my iron levels.  Trying to remember to take vitamins and eat a bit better so we'll see what happens the next time they stick me.  Bleh!

I've been having a good old root around here and it is fabulous :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 03:30:26 PM »

Yep.  We don't bite: unless there's a 'y' in the day  ;D

What do you eat to keep iron levels up?   I used to eat fried liver .........  :-X  :-\

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 04:11:17 PM »

Hiya Claire,

Oooh,welcome to the world of perimenopause in all its wondrous symptoms....My   Lawnmower knows NEVER to argue with me. I have found I now have some quite spectacular moods and most gadgets should steer clear.

Do let  us know how you be on. This forum is a huge support for me as is  the advice given so freely. Welcome to you

MrsE!

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 04:18:25 PM »

???Also a newbie, but have been posting. 
Can I just say I hate the Menopause.
You can't wait for them to start, and now I cannot wait for it all to be done with. If only ..Fraught husband, shattered wife no sleep.  Zombie like state

SarahT

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 06:22:38 PM »

Hello MrsE

Am with you on this... I stupidly assumed periods would stop, have a few hot flushes and then skip into the sunset. Still working on getting my hrt regime as best I can. Meanwhile I have a little rant on here every now and then. It seems cruel almost getting through the period years and think we will get a happy ending. Not yet it seems.

Are you on hrt? Any help regarding your sleep problems? Husband understanding ( as much as anyone can) ? It's a bit of a minefield but good support is essential.

3_claire_3

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 08:20:49 PM »

Yep.  We don't bite: unless there's a 'y' in the day  ;D

What do you eat to keep iron levels up?   I used to eat fried liver .........  :-X  :-\

Well, being veggie I try to eat more tofu, green veg and am still checking out what else I can scoff.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2023, 10:23:04 PM »

I have looked at tofu and hummus and wondered "WHY?"  ;D

Baked beans are good for protein, in fact I believe most legumes and lentils etc.  It's a phaff though to prepare them  >:(  ::). Fruits and nuts, especially Brazils and Almonds.  Apparently  ::) and fish: [yuk].