Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: REFLUX & EVOREL PATCH  (Read 2363 times)

lindsey2767

• First Flush
REFLUX & EVOREL PATCH
« on: June 22, 2023, 04:12:25 PM »

Hi
Has anyone experienced really bad reflux and period pain whilst using the evorel patch?
I’m a newbie to HRT and suffer from reflux which is normally under control with meds.
Six weeks in I have horrid reflux, tummy pain and nausea.
Interested to know if anyone else has this.
GP has no comment on my symptoms.
TIA

Flossieteacake

Re: REFLUX & EVOREL PATCH
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 04:20:08 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Acid reflux can be worse due to hormonal changes so it could be that rather then the patch. I know my acid reflux is a lot worse now then it used to be.

If the acid reflux only became worse when you started HRT then it could be that. Are you on Evorel alone?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 04:28:24 PM »

Reflux is so uncomfortable. I have a hiatus hernia and I'm on omeprazole and also on Evorel 50. I haven't found that the HRT makes any difference. What I have found though is that lately my pharmacy have been supplying different brands of omeprazole and two of those are not effective in controlling my reflux. Is this what's happening to you too?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

lindsey2767

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 05:22:15 PM »

Hi yes I’m on evorel only.
My brand of reflux med is pantozoprazol and the one packaging is the same.
It’s miserable 😩
GP recommended stopping the HRT and see if the reflux improves.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 05:33:10 PM »

Are you using a progesterone or just Evorel 50?

Taz x

lindsey2767

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 05:39:17 PM »

Evorel conti which is a combined oestrogen and progesterone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 06:47:03 PM »

Reflux can be really painful.  Hiatus hernia is common at 'our age', due to a lack of oestrogen which may make the muscles lax = reflux.

In the last year I've woken in the early hours with a weird feeling of pain radiating into my chin, cheeks and breast bone: I found that a sip of bottled fizzy water settles it ASAP.  There's no pain down my arms or deep in the chest.  It's different to the reflux that I also get for which Omeprazolol helps. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 08:07:55 AM by CLKD »

lindsey2767

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 08:15:41 PM »

Thanks I will try that.  I have had similar pain on my right side which has woken me in the middle of the night.  Doc says it’s acid buildup.
For now I am going to stop the HRT and see if I improve.  Then maybe retry another type of patch.

SarahT

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 08:20:54 PM »

A good idea to keep a note of what you eat too. I also have a hiatus hernia, and on the famous omperazole. ( sleeping may be iffy)

There are quite a few foods and drinks that make it worse , or add too much acid, unlike CLKD, fizzy drinks are a big no for me, black coffee, any spices, peppers, too much dairy. Some things like tomatoes and cucumbers I can eat in moderation. Obviously we are all different what works or Not for us food and drink wise.

Not sure bit the hernia came prior to me understanding  I was in perimenopause  or if it was unrelated. Probably the later, have always been bad with spicy food.

Penguin

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 06:20:12 AM »

For Taz2, I had that with different brands of citalopram causing problems. If you always get from same pharmacy you can ask the pharmacist to make a note on the system to exclude x or y brand if you have an issue with that brand. Mine was fine with doing that and there are now two brands they never give me.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 06:23:56 AM »

Thanks Penguin. I had thought about doing that but did wonder if it was just me imagining it. I will make a note of the good ones.

Taz x

Penguin

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 07:53:33 AM »

It is dedinitely not just you, i found lots of anecdotal info online about people having problems with certain brands and not others. The pharmacist said to me that with so many medications moving to generic and being produced by so many different companies, they basically now get from so many different suppliers and don't always know what brand they'll receive. So I am not sure whether they'd be able to order a specific brand for you (they said they couldn't with me), but they can definitely exclude brands from what they issue to you, so maybe good to make a list of both good and bad.

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 07:59:10 AM »

I'll do that. Thank you.

Taz x  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »

Penguin - did the pharmacist suggest that it mayB the fillers/packaging rather than the active ingredient ?

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2023, 10:07:40 AM »

Hi Penguin,
I have just switched from Evorel to Estradot and I'm already feeling that 24 hours of Estradot has done more good than the previous 13 weeks of Evorel!

I had to stop taking omeprazole while on Evorel because I was so nauseous using both together, the doctor gave me cyclizine instead, I had clearly visible bruising around my eyes from the force of the vomiting. I even went to the optician to get it checked.

Now I've switched to Estradot, I hope I can stop using cyclizine and go back to omeprazole at some stage.
Pages: [1] 2