Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How are you coping with he heat?  (Read 427 times)

Emma74

How are you coping with he heat?
« on: June 22, 2023, 03:30:27 PM »

I've been locked inside for about 10 days due to the heat and hayfever. Not coping well at all, not sleeping, feeling dizzy and nauseous through the day and throughly miserable!
3 months on 50 Evorel patch and utrogestan every month vaginally.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How are you coping with he heat?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 03:58:29 PM »

Warm ain't it!  I'm drinking more bottled fizzy water and lots of weak tea .......... and resting.

Dizzyness mayB due to dehydration.  Have U any lollies/ice cream in the freezer which can alternate with drinks?

Nausea could be due to low energy in that you aren't replacing food stuffs - happens to me when it's hot.  I have go to snacks : dried fruits and nuts, bananas, tins of rice pudding eaten cold .........

Emma74

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 04:02:39 PM »

Yeah drinking loads including herbal teas, icecream in the freezer and snacking frequently, im due on in the next couple of days so I think that has ramped it up.

Thankfully I can work from home but still miserable.

There is a good saying 'no pleasing some' 😊

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 04:12:22 PM »

It is 27c here all day and night. If it cooled a bit at night it would help but it does not. It is hard to sleep or do anything. A fan can only do so much.

DottyD68

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 04:54:19 PM »

I found wrapping an ice pack in a tea towel and taking it to bed with me pretty effective on very hot nights. I also stick one down the back.of my cycling jersey when I get back from hot rides and it works a treat to lower my body temperature.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 05:09:39 PM »

Tnx Dotty that reminds me that we did that last year as well as having a bag of ice cubes to stuff down t-shirts ......

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 05:15:39 PM »

The gel packs that you can either freeze or heat (depending on what you need them for) are the best as they are more comfortable and can mould to your body better than the hard plastic freezer blocks. As long as you don't put them directly onto skin they work a treat.