Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: "Scents and Sensibilities" - in restaurants  (Read 2938 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
"Scents and Sensibilities" - in restaurants
« on: June 20, 2023, 11:54:02 AM »

The Sat Guardian has an article relating to a restaurant asking clients not to wear perfume/aftershave.  Having taken time to meld various ingredients it seems a good idea to me .  Many years ago when DH made curries, his Dad always reached for the salt without tasting the meal  :o.  Eventually we removed condiments from the table ...... and eventually he agreed that DH's food didn't require extras.

Many years ago I stopped going to the theatre due to the various odours from people making my anxiety even worse  >:(  :'(.  Even in fields at festivals, the smell from the various food stalls and those BarBs meant that I had to stop going to those also.

Discuss  ;D

Taz2

Re: "Scents and Sensibilities" - in restaurants
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 04:43:30 PM »

My partner has this difficulty with perfumes, washing powder, scented candles etc. It's linked to his neuro diversity.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: "Scents and Sensibilities" - in restaurants
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 05:04:58 PM »

OKaaaaaa yyyyyy  :-\. Certainly anxiety makes me aware of aromas.  Washing powder doesn't need to have a perfume in it and I don't use what is suggested on the box as my clothes aren't dirty.

I stopped using candles years ago 'cos I didn't know what to do with the bits left over.  There's a Company near Exeter that reuses those.