Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: 1 month update Evorel 50 sequi/conti patches. Seeking reassurance and support!  (Read 2811 times)

Silverberry

• First Flush

Hi all. I've started my second month of Evorel sequi/conti (week 6 technically but i botched the order of patches at the beginning so i've just completed 1 month in the correct order and wanted to report on my findings so far. I've been making notes over the month and found my symptoms significantly improved in the first 2 weeks when I was on the oestrogen only patches. I stopped itching, all my dry bits were less dry (not normal but not painful/uncomfortable anymore) my nails were healed and strong, I slept quite well and felt like I had some energy, not bouncing like an 18 year old, but what I felt was a normal amount and I volunteered to go on a couple of walks (unheard of for me). I was most surprised to feel my mood improve. I wouldn't have said before that I was depressed or moody particularly, but I have felt an unusual and very pleasant feeling of what is best described as general positivity and just being in a hopeful optimistic good mood which is very unusual for me and it was lovely! I was also surprised to have some libido back for a few days, nothing major and not for long, but it was there so i'll take it as a win thanks! Then I started the combined patches in week 3 which also contain progesterone. Gradually things went downhill here. I reverted to my flat mood, couldn't be bothered going out again, my sleep is still better than it was but I've woken up more often and not felt as rested. In the last week of the combined patches my skin has become increasingly itchy, my scalp is itching like mad again and i was putting eye drops in and scratching my eyes all day yesterday. When getting ready for work I snagged my tights and noticed my thumb nails have split half way down again and my other nails are peeling. I had developed a weird tooth achy / sore gum feeling before starting HRT as well and that has returned the last few days. I feel knackered again, have been headachy the last few days and that flash of libido has well and truly gone to ground again. I've got floaters in my eyes that are driving me mad and contributing to headaches and eye strain as my job involves mostly reading. I'm gutted by this reversion and i'm hoping that now I have started the next box and i'm on the oestrogen only patches again that I'll improve again, but i'm worried that I won't and that great 2 weeks was just a fluke, a one off, or even that it was psychological and didn't actually get better and I just willed it to be so! Has anyone else experienced a difference over the month like this? Is this what I can expect going forward that I will only have symptom relief some of the time? If this continues the same way for the whole 3 month trial might I need a different dosage? I didn't have a complete loss of symptoms with the oestrogen, but I was really happy with the difference I did get and thought this was going to be a game changer. 

sheila99

If the same thing happens over the next cycle I would ask for something with a different progestin. It's good you're keeping a diary.

MileyCyprus

• First Flush

Wow that sounds exactly like me.  I'd not even put my itchy skin and scalp down to hormones but now you mention it.... I feel much better on the Oestrogen patches.  As soon as I start the Evorel Conti patch my boobs hurt, I bloat up and my mood goes down hill.  I'm just going to start month 3 so I'll monitor closely. Hope you feel better  :-*

Ama

I’m also on Evorel Conti. Now in week 6. My symptoms improved slightly in weeks 2 - 4. But went downhill in week 5 lasting into week 6 but now getting slightly better. I will start keeping a dairy.

Not sure if my symptoms are linked to either oestrogen or conti patches.

My friend who is on Evorel said it takes about 3 months to feel the full benefits. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Best wishes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Some regimes take 4-6 months to kick in.