Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Terrified and hysterical  (Read 2986 times)

Nik2502

Terrified and hysterical
« on: May 22, 2023, 06:53:09 AM »

Hi ladies

Further to my post about my PMB, I’ve spent the weekend a hysterical wreck. I’ve upset my wonderful husband who is normally so patient. He just doesn’t know what to do with me.

All I can think about is I’m dying from cancer. Every pain, twitch or cramp and I’m breaking down.

The bleed is worsening and it is now in to week 3. I don’t think my anxiety is helping at all.

I’m being seen on Wednesday in the PMB Clinic but don’t know how I’ll make it through to then without cracking up.

I don’t even know why I’m posting but I just need to express my feelings to other women who may understand.

Thank you x

Penguin

Re: Terrified and hysterical
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:26:12 AM »

Could you get something short term from fhe gp to take the edge of the severe anxiety? Are you sleeping? If not, then perhaps something to help you sleep. Things always seem so much worse when you haven't slept.
Try and get out and about over next two days, and keep off of the Internet. Can you meet up with friends, try and do something that gets your focus outwards and not inwards xx

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:42:29 AM »

Hi Penguin

Thanks for your kind reply. I do have some diazepam I may have to resort to.
I’m working so will be distracted then.
I spent hours googling yesterday despite promising myself I wouldn’t. It’s a compulsion that’s not healthy at all.

I know it’s normal to have some kind of anxiety but this really is off the scale.
My friends have all sailed through the menopause and just don’t understand.

Thank you x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 08:32:29 AM »

Hello Nik2502

I am so sorry that you are suffering. Naturally you are worried about the bleeding but your appointment is tomorrow and you will get some help then. Menopause anxiety makes everything seem worse of course.

I also have a stash of Diazepam and perhaps you could take one to give your poor nervous system a rest.

I too have friends who have sailed through the menopause and it is beyond unfair lol.

I wish you luck for tomorrow and please let us know how you get on.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:53:51 AM »

We are all dying.  Why would any of your symptoms be terminal?  However, logic flies out the window when anxiety kicks in.  I have a phobia so lose control of any sense when it happens. 

Do print off 'hints for husbands' from the forum and hand over.  The best that husbands can do is to listen and not judge.  Realise that this is 'normal' for The Change. 

What's a PMB Clinic  :-\.  If the bleeding is excessive your GP/Nurse Practitioner is able to provide medication to ease it.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Take a list of symptoms with you to the appt..  Let us know how you get on. 

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 10:46:50 AM »

Thank you Kathleen and CLKD

PMB post menopausal bleeding

(I’ve been period free for 3 years until now on continuous regime)

I have awful health anxiety and this has sent me over the edge :-(

Been bleeding now for three weeks. Have awful cramping and stomach pain but this is probably the anxiety.

I’m keeping my diazepam until Wednesday if I can although I have taken some propranolol.

Thanks again. I’ll keep you updated xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 11:35:56 AM »

Propranolol works better taken long term, I used it every night for several years to ease early morning anxiety surges.

How much Valium do you have to hand?  I used 5mg the night prior to events that I was unable to get out of, knowing that I could take another 5 the next day: never required.

Teresa

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 08:19:33 AM »

Hi Nik2502,

I’m sorry you are suffering like this and I understand completely. Health  anxiety is an awful thing to have, I too had it quite bad, especially when I hit menopause and every pain, twitch of anything can set you off. It’s hard to think past what you’re going through now, but try and tell yourself that there is nothing you can do until you have your scan, so all this worrying isn’t going to help you or anyone. Anxiety will definitely be making this worse. I referred myself ( through the NHS) for CBT, you can refer yourself on line. The waiting list is a few months ( or it was, about 18 months ago) but it helped enormously. I had a 121 phone call every week lasting an hour.

I’ve also had PMB when I’ve been free of any bleeding for over a year on continuous HRT, twice now. I’m currently going through it right now. I’ve bled for over two weeks each time. After scans and investigations, nothing has been wrong. Sometimes it has settled, or you may need a dose change of your HRT. Our bodies and needs can change, even when on HRT.

I hope you feel better soon and good luck for next week.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 09:25:51 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Nik2502 - I just wanted to wish you good luck for your appointment today.

Post meno bleeding is such a common thing but I wonder if it is occurring more often for women who are using HRT? I have had a few of these bleeding episodes in the past and after investigations the conclusion was that it was due to the HRT. When I lowered my dose the bleeding resolved.

I hope you get the help you need and please let us know how you get on.

Take care.

K.

Nik2502

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 11:17:20 AM »

Hi Kathleen and other ladies :-)

Thank you Kathleen.

I’ve just returned from my appointment.
Womb lining 11mm so had biopsy. Never had a more traumatic, painful experience in my whole life. I’d have ten babies any day!

The doctor was lovely though and gave me gas and air (which didn’t really help), offered to stop but I wanted it done today - I couldn’t beat another wait.

She reassured me that it’s either my HRT which needs tweaking, hyperplasia or I naturally have a thicker womb lining. All treatable. Should get the results in a couple of weeks.

Going to lie down and have a nap since I was up at 4am.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and I’ll update you of the outcome.

Nik x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 11:39:08 AM »

DONE!   :medal: :tulips2: now treat yourself!

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »

Hello again Nic2502

I am sure that you are relieved to have that appointment behind you.   I have had one hysteroscopy and it was painful so I completely sympathise.

I was advised to lower my Oestrogen dose and this resolved the bleeding. Some time later I was using more gel again and the bleeding returned. I didn't need a hysteroscopy this time but a scan etc gave me the all clear and yet again too much Oestrogen was to blame.

Hopefully your medical team can come up with a treatment plan that works for you.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

Take care.

K.

Nik2502

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 07:53:00 AM »

Thanks Kathleen. Not sure you got my message?

It was awful. I was literally climbing off the bed! Surely these things should be done with anaesthetic. I’m sure men wouldn’t put up with it?!

I’ve been asked to stay on the same dose of HRT for now until biopsy results are back. I suspect I’ll need more progesterone. I can’t have the mirena as I’m allergic to it (it expelled within 2 days and was sore, swollen and red).
We’ll see.

Hope you’re well.
Nik x

Penguin

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 11:15:52 AM »

Nik502, that sounds so painful, I'm so sorry you had such an awful experience with it. I had a hysteroscopy as part of IVF but was put asleep with it, no question of being awake but that was back in 2013. I'm very glad it is over for you and hope your results come in soon, am glad they don't think it is anything serious. Hope you are feeling better now x

Nik2502

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 07:20:41 AM »

I’ve had such an awful weekend with anxiety
Cried and vomited all day yesterday. It’s ridiculous.
I think partly the shock of the procedure has hit me plus the waiting for the results - my health anxiety is just awful.
Still bleeding slightly too.
I’m coming back as a pampered Tom cat!
Pages: [1] 2 3