Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused.com  (Read 605 times)

Chistlehurst29

• First Flush
Confused.com
« on: May 01, 2023, 07:48:49 AM »

Hello hoping someone can advise me with this ?

I have been prescribed Evorel 50 and utrogestan 200 - I still have regular periods (they come between 22 and 26 days - without fail )

GP advised given I am still having periods to start patches on day 1 of my period - my issue is this is now day 32 and there is no sign of my period ! I can’t remember a time when I ever waited this long for a period !

So my question is - should I wait for the period which may or may not arrive before I start the patches or just start now ?

Should probably add I currently have Covid - maybe this has affected my cycle ?

Dotty

Re: Confused.com
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 07:59:26 AM »

Hi there are lots of reports of Covid affecting menstrual cycles and causing bleeding when not expected.

I think you can start the patch straightaway and start the Utrogestan 15 days from now . Then carry on taking the Utrogestan starting on the same date every month.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 08:30:13 AM »

Although you can do as Dotty suggests in my experience it's much better for the hrt cycle to be aligned with your own cycle, perhaps this is why they tell you to start on day 1. Seems to be sod's law, I had exactly the same dilemma when I started hrt, my period came a couple of weeks later than it should.

Chistlehurst29

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 08:50:38 AM »

I’m really grateful for all advice - but feel nervous about adding something into the mix (HRT) when I am quite ill with Covid - I had just got my head round starting on HRT and now this - anyway thank you for your support and advice

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 11:51:17 AM »

Covid was reported early on in the Pandemic that the Virus affects hormones.  I would wait, treating the infection with lots of rest, fluids and sunshine when you can sit out for a while.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.

Chistlehurst29

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 05:32:30 PM »

Thanks everyone for your responses much appreciated - will wait til I’m over Covid and feeling stronger before I start the HRT journey x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 06:09:47 PM »

:tulips2: