Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Twitching eyelid  (Read 4619 times)

Mitsit

• First Flush
Re: Twitching eyelid
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2023, 08:14:16 AM »

Hi Elliebee,I had an annoying eye twitch that lasted 3 months and it only went away after I went from 50 Estrodot patch back down to 25 Estrodot patch ! I didn’t feel good on the 50 patch feeling low,anxiety and just not myself and the annoying eye twitch ! I recently saw my ophthalmologist and she said the eye twitch was most probably caused by hormone overload where the 50 patch was too high for me .
I know 25 patch is a low dose but I feel sooo much better on it, hope this helps ☺️

Elliebee

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2023, 06:24:38 PM »

Hi Mitsit did yours twitch pretty much all the time? I’m not on HRT but my hormones are all over the place ! 😬

Mitsit

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2023, 09:18:10 PM »

Yes pretty much, sometimes for about 7 hours on and off continuously.Very frustrating as everyone puts in down to stress. Definitely could be hormone related.
Hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

Cookie25

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 09:38:34 PM »

Botox is a treatment for this condition I believe and I have a friend who it worked for x

Elliebee

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2023, 07:40:34 AM »

I guess you have to go to an ophthalmologist for the Botox ?

Cookie25

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2023, 09:05:37 PM »

No not at all, you would just have the Botox injected on your face where you would for cosmetic reasons and it should work. Do a bit of research online and speak to a registered nurse who offers botox to see if it sounds appropriate for you xxxxx

Elliebee

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 02:21:27 PM »

Did the twitch return after Botox?

Losingtheplot

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2023, 06:41:28 PM »

Yes pretty much, sometimes for about 7 hours on and off continuously.Very frustrating as everyone puts in down to stress. Definitely could be hormone related.
Hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

I also suffered this very much like yourself everyday for hours and hours constantly for approx 2 months and mine calmed.down after I started HRT. Could be a co incidence but was starting to drive me crazy was my left eyelid would start on awaking and last until I went to bed

Elliebee

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023, 09:17:28 PM »

Hi losingtheplot  that’s interesting. did you have eye test ? Or GP check your eye?

Cookie25

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2023, 09:17:55 PM »

Did the twitch return after Botox?
[/quote

I believe my friend has continued with BOTOX which keeps it away for her. As losingtheplot says, hrt worked for her, so I would think anything that relaxed you or relaxes the muscle will help ease the twitch. Do look online and do your research as well as speak to professionals as I am no expert, I just know what worked for my friend and what I've read online x

Elliebee

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 09:21:01 PM »

Thank you Cookie I’ve contacted some registered nurses who offer this service.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2023, 05:16:10 AM »

I didn't actually get this checked by anyone as I assumed it would pass. I had an appointment with my GP to discuss peri meno symptoms I was having hot intense chest burning, brain fog, panic attacks, heightened anxiety, VA
Its only now looking back I can see that the eye twitching stopped after starting HRT. I just had so many symptoms going on at once so the eye twitching just got lost in it all.
Like I say it could be a co incidence though as I had started taking msm capsules for joint pain, skin, hair and nails too

Elliebee

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2023, 10:26:36 AM »

I guess the anxiety didn’t help yours or mine! I have high anxiety at moment and most mornings awake with that horrible butterfly feeling in tummy. Feel like I’m running on adrenaline!

Losingtheplot

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 02:34:11 PM »

Ahh yes that is awful I suffered it too lasted a few weeks for me but seems to have got less and less over time. It is hormone related and such a shock when it first happens so big hugs to you xxx
I don't know if the HRT is helping with this also as I have started Ads recently although getting terrible side effects! Have read great things about Lions mane helping with anxiety and depression so looking to try them.
It will pass hunni. I found that controlling my breathing could help settle that awful morning anxiety and also listening to some mediation just off you tube plugging my earphones in could offer some distraction until it passed.
If you type in anxiety in search bar you will find more peoples experiences. Another kind forum member also told me about the 3 2 1 exercises
Think of 3 things you can see
Think of 3 things you can feel
Think of 3 things you can hear

It can help to.shift the focus sometimes

Elliebee

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2023, 07:58:57 PM »

Thank you Losing the plot! It is the worst feeling in world ! I’ll look up Lions Mane too!
Yes I do the breathing and listen to meditation at night - will try some morning meditation too.
I keep telling myself it will pass !!
Pages: 1 [2]