Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: When to change from sequential to continuous HRT?  (Read 1890 times)

lynnietodd

When to change from sequential to continuous HRT?
« on: April 12, 2023, 05:26:41 PM »

Hi, I was put on Evorel Sequi as I was still having regular periods but had menopausal symptoms. 2 years later I'm still in this . I'm 52 years old. I was getting monthly withdrawal bleeds but last 6 months this has been bit erratic, sometimes I don't get a withdrawal bleed . This month I had a very minimal bleed that lasted 2 days . Any advice ? Thank you xx

DottyD68

Re: When to change from sequential to continuous HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 11:58:48 AM »

Hi lynnietodd,

I don't think there is any specific time to move to conti - I think it is on an individual basis.

At 53 I was advised to start sequi with a view to trying conti after 12 months due to my age (and irrespective of any other factors). I have tried twice in the last 8 months but it didn't suit me so I have returned to sequi for the time being.

I suggest you speak to your GP.
Good luck x

Hurdity

Re: When to change from sequential to continuous HRT?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 08:36:10 AM »

If you were barely peri-menopausal when you started HRT then you may not yet be at menopause 2 years on, though some authorities suggest a trial of conti HRT after one year of sequi. If you would prefer not to bleed you could always ask for a trial of conti and review after 6 months or so. If the bleeding stops then all good. If you get unpredictable bleeding which becomes inconvenient, then you can go back to sequi when you would at least know when the bleed is coming (hopefully - unless your cycle is strong and kicks in!).

Hurdity x