Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Water infection  (Read 16751 times)

Dierdre

Re: Water infection
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2023, 02:24:10 PM »

I would definately up your Ovestin, it sounds like lack of oestrogen is the problem if the results are clear.

Pip16

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2023, 09:33:21 PM »

That's a thought to ask for both Dierdre.  I haven't used my Ovestin for a couple of weeks as I ran out and had to wait for prescription.  Because of the way I have been feeling I haven't been using it again but realise now I should have been.  I am starting again with a two week/every night regime to get it into my system again.  Hopefully that might work.  If not better I will ask for Vagifem too.  Thanks. 

Just wanted to say that I’ve recently been through exactly the same.
Feeling as though I had a uti and blood on tissue. Sample sent straight to drs surgery and dipstick only showed blood. Nurse called and said with the symptoms and blood in urine likely to be uti so 3 days of nitrofurantoin prescribed and told to give another sample a week after. Did this and still only showed microscopic blood on dipstick test. Another call from nurse who said I likely needed a longer dose of AB’s so prescribed 5 days of the same and sending sample to lab. Told that if the next sample showed blood then a trip to gp needed. A week later gp called and said he was referring me within the 2wk frame as only blood showed up in lab. Serious health anxiety and a 3 week wait for appointment, I was given a kidney and bladder scan then a cystoscopy. Both were completely normal. The consultant doing the cystoscopy was lovely and reassured me nothing abnormal was seen and urine sample given was completely clear. No blood. She suggested the problem was indeed either a uti that hadn’t shown up or a burst blood vessel. As an older woman she also suffered atrophy and advised to continue with the ovestin. I had lapsed with using it with everything going on in my life at the time, but after posting on here when going through this uti? problem I had started using it again. Thankfully the symptoms have now gone but has taken a while. I hope your symptoms have now subsided too. Keep using the ovestin as advised. X

Dierdre

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2023, 09:31:26 AM »

I've just sent a sample to the doctors  for testing as still having bladder problems, frequency and aching when the bladder fills up. Results were all clear so it must be a bad VA flare up. Been using  2 Vagifem a night for 4 nights now and things are improving but slowly.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2023, 10:22:33 AM »

I've just sent a sample to the doctors  for testing as still having bladder problems, frequency and aching when the bladder fills up. Results were all clear so it must be a bad VA flare up. Been using  2 Vagifem a night for 4 nights now and things are improving but slowly.

I do not think DRs appreciate how severe VA can be. If only they understood and suggested people use extra VA treatment rather then give them antibiotics. I really hope the flare up goes soon and you feel better.

holidaylover

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2023, 10:34:18 AM »

Pip16, and Diedre, you sound the exact same as me.  I'm on my last day of antibiotics now (even though no infection was detected) and I have also been upping the Ovestin.  Still suffering though!  Very sore in the pelvic area (almost behind my cesarean scar) and lower back.   Feeling the constant pressure in the bladder and even when I have just been to the loo, the urge to go again is there. When I do go I feel my urine is just dribbling out.   Its sole destroying, we had things on over the weekend and I feel like I am spoiling things for others now with the constant need to be near a loo.  Don't really know what to do next.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2023, 10:47:17 AM »

Pip16, and Diedre, you sound the exact same as me.  I'm on my last day of antibiotics now (even though no infection was detected) and I have also been upping the Ovestin.  Still suffering though!  Very sore in the pelvic area (almost behind my cesarean scar) and lower back.   Feeling the constant pressure in the bladder and even when I have just been to the loo, the urge to go again is there. When I do go I feel my urine is just dribbling out.   Its sole destroying, we had things on over the weekend and I feel like I am spoiling things for others now with the constant need to be near a loo.  Don't really know what to do next.

So sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly Holidaylover. How long have you been using Ovestin daily for?
I
Please do not blame yourself for needing the loo a lot. You really cannot help it.

I am not sure if this is of any help but with VA it can take a while to feel improvements. Some people are fortunate and feel better after a few months but others do take longer.

Dierdre

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2023, 10:48:24 AM »

The more I worry about it the worse it feels, it's catch 22. If I'm distracted I don't notice the aching so much and I'm beginning to wonder if its psychological.
I just want to be back to normal, why do these flare ups come on so quickly with no warning but take weeks to put right?
Can you ask for Vagifem as well  holidaylover, the different estrogens might target different receptors and increase the healing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 01:48:01 PM by Dierdre »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2023, 11:01:04 AM »

The more I worry about it the worse it feels, it's catch 22. If I'm distracted I don't notice the aching so much and I'm beginning to wonder if its psychological.
I just want to be back to normal, why do these flare ups come on so quiclky with no warning but take weeks to put right?
Can you ask for Vagifem as well  holidaylover, the different estrogens might target different receptors and increase the healing.

I get flares when I am stressed, anxious, run down or ill. It does seem to take a while for the flares to calm down.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2023, 11:51:56 AM »

I need the loo the moment I hit the motorway  >:(.

holidaylover - how often are U using the 'ovestin'?  When I get a niggle around the belly button area, I put a dose up in the afternoon, swallow 2 Nurofen every 3 hours and another dose at night for as long as it takes to ease symptoms.  Usually about 3 days. 

How much are you drinking, if we don't keep liquid intake up, the kidneys will work more ........ could you have a prolapse which is impacting on the urethra?

holidaylover

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2023, 12:19:07 PM »

Oh God, CLKD, don't stress me even more.... ;)  (Hurries to Google Prolapse)!!  Would I not be leaking a bit if I had a prolapse?  I'm taking the Ovestin every night at the moment, but I wonder if I'm not inserting high enough.  How high is high enough?!  Dierdre, I also don't notice it as much whilst moving around.  It most definately is worst whilst sitting idle.  If I lean forward whilst sitting I can feel the pressure.  Just so tender as well when I press on my lower pelvis, pubic area.  Ibuprofen definately dulls the pain.  I'm sick of phoning down to the surgery and having to go through the whole explanation to a different receptionist every time, then seeing a different doctor or nurse each time and having to explain everything to them again too.  Its exhausting. CLKD, I have a drink of water to hand all the time.  I am worried the nurse has 'done something' whilst giving me my smear test. It seemed to take forever and I found it very sore, but put this down to my V/A at the time.  Is this possible?  Smear result was fine. I've never experienced 'a flare' before, and haven't had a UTI for years.  My V/A problem is totally internal (extremely dry and razor blade like) and to be honest the Ovestin really hasnt made any difference. 

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2023, 02:24:47 PM »

Ovestin is delivered by applicator so pushing it inside as far as is comfy is how I treat VA.  As well as a little around the outer labia.  Not all prolapse causes leakage ;-). 

I would add a dose this afternoon - lay down for 10 mins after - then another dose this evening.  Continue and with the Ibuprofen.  U may need 'vagifem' instead, same product; delivered differently.  With ovestin or KY Jelly/Sylc/Yes on the outer area. 

I doubt if there has been damage internally, though there may be additional soreness if you were already dry, did the Nurse make any comment?

This will improve.  Keep up with treatment. 

holidaylover

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2023, 04:21:04 PM »

CLKD, Yes the nurse commented on the lack of moisture whilst doing the smear but I had made her aware of the V/A at the start of the appointment.  She tried two different sizes of speculum and seemed to struggle.  I lay for what seemed like an eternity during the procedure and it was painful.  I had a tilted uterus during childbirth which resulted in me having two emergency cesareans so dont know it this is part of the problem.  My symptoms are definately worse since the smear.  I just assumed that because I had felt a little uncomfortable for a couple of days before the smear that it was a water infection working on me.  I dont know if I should go back to the surgery now or wait it out for a wee while to see if it eventually settles.  I am a bit apprehensive in case I need an internal examination which I dont think I could cope with.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2023, 07:38:02 PM »

I have to say again: GPs are over prescribiong ABs  >:(  :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: - a urine infection cannot be diagnosed by a dip-stick.  A sample has to be sent to a Lab to be "grown' so that the correct AB is given. Usually for 7 days.

PIP 16 your practice were slow on the uptake!  Blood is a common sight in samples, usually due to small burst vessels or vaginal atrophy.  VA treatment will help.

holidaylover - a 'wee while' ;-).  If U are concerned then have a chat with a Nurse Practitioner.  It may be that there is a small bruised area which is contributing to those feelings.  Also, no one has to agree to an examination of any sort: this is our body and we are entitled to say 'no, I'm here for a discussion with regard my recent symptoms'.

If Nurses have difficulty taking a smear test they should STOP!  A yell of 'ouch' next time Girls, until we begin to make it clear that these intrusive exams are painful.

Dierdre

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2023, 09:44:31 AM »

Bladder feeling alot better today. I changed tactics yesterday and applied Ovestin internally, as far up as possible and spread all around the bladder and urethra. Did this afternoon and again at night. Used one vaigfem also last night high as possible. Been having pelvic cramps after inserting 2 vagifem so maybe a bit too much, I had this years ago when I first used it on the loading dose but not since. Maybe just needed a change of estrogen to target differnt receptors or the vagifem had finally kicked in. Still feeling a bit crampy but better than it has been.

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2023, 10:42:07 AM »

Some report cramps when using vagifem initially.  At least you feel better!  Well done. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11