Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What the hell is going on.here 😪  (Read 1210 times)

Moonshine54

What the hell is going on.here 😪
« on: April 07, 2023, 06:08:37 PM »

Hello lovely ladies
I have mirena coil and use 75 evorel patches . It took me a bit to get the dose right. However i have managed it well for quite sometime. I haven't had a period since last July. I was starting to think i was maybe at the other side. I am nearly  59. I always had issues with my own hormones kicking in.and this nade it difficult to get the balance. 
However i have had a surge again and i feel dreadful..like severe pmt.  I feel so disappointed almost like i have been tricked by my own body.
I recently came back from.America and had jet lag. Could this have distrupted my hormones.  Do i need more oestrogen?
I feel like this has come as a nasty shock and i had forgotten how bad it could be. Is my body having one last bloody surge ? Xx has anyone else experienced this xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What the hell is going on.here 😪
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 06:34:04 PM »

It's probably jet lag.  Like anxiety surges, any upheaval can feel really shocking!

How long have you been home?  U could try more oestrogen but not all at once  :-\ to see if it helps? 

Was it worth going away for?

Moonshine54

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 06:37:30 PM »

Hiya thankyou for quick response.  I have been back three weeks now. I just have been so well on this regime that this has totally thrown me. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 07:08:27 PM »

I bet especially having been well! 

Any hint in the leaflet in the boxes? 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 07:38:58 PM »

My jet lag lasted two weeks there abouts. Bloody awful. Kept sleeping at any time I could.
Just give it some time, like another week and see what happens. That’s if you can.
My hormones or hrt wasn’t affected by jet lag, I was just fatigued.
Drink loads and make sure you eat, if nothing improves, try upping the oestrogen.

Moonshine54

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 07:57:48 PM »

Thank you Jillydoll
Thank you for the response and advice. I will hang on before upping the oestrogen.  I just feel very premenstrual.   :'( x

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 09:36:21 PM »

You could have PMT. I went 15 months and then had another period, then another 8 months after that before finally finishing completely.

Moonshine54

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 11:44:02 AM »

Hi Dierdre
Thankyou for the response . I think you are right . Maybe the distruption of jet lag has kick started hormones.   :'( I was starting to think i was through all of this but its back. :'(

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 01:51:05 PM »

On the plus side even if it was your own hormones it can't last too much longer. It wouldn't be unusual to have a last surge before they give up.

Moonshine54

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2023, 04:38:15 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind replies . This is certainly not a straightforward journey.  I feel terrible still but very hormonal. I think i had forgotten how bad it actually can be . Its nice to get reassured that others have been through this.  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2023, 11:58:34 PM »

Hi Moonshine, just chipping in to say I'm another one who has gone more than a year naturally without periods only for them to come back, in my case it was a few weeks after I started conti HRT.
I've had to switch to sequi as a result of HRT giving me my periods back.

Hi Poppytoast. Just to say that HRT hasn't given you your natural periods back. It is common to have bleeding for the first six months of a conti HRT. They are HRT induced bleeds.

Taz  :)