Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Redness on face... New symptom?  (Read 1827 times)

SarahT

Redness on face... New symptom?
« on: March 02, 2023, 07:51:58 AM »

Ok.... So something new has turned up. My face in the last few weeks has an awful redness, over nose and skin that lasts for hours.
I seem to wake up with it and it mistook not go.

It is not like a not flush, luckily mine have ease (at least for now!). But my skin does feel hot and uncomfortable. am sure it is not my face cream as the neck and forehead etc is fine. I have always been prone to dry, sensitive skin and high colouring, like blushing

Is this hormonal? I am peri on estradot 50, due to increase  to 75, and on mirena coil for progesterone part.

Previous threads show clinique is good... But very pricey. Can anyone else suggest anything?

It's just something else I need to try to cope with, makes me feel so conscious of it, and it's quite irritable now.

Thanks
Hugs

Flossieteacake

Re: Redness on face... New symptom?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 08:21:29 AM »

Sorry to hear your skin is red and sore. How about an emollient which will be gentle? I like Aproderm. Meno has given me red cheeks but luckily for me, they do not hurt. Perhaps you could get something on prescription for the soreness.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 08:59:04 AM »

This could be Rosacea. Mine started with redness on nose and cheeks with burning and itching. I tried to treat it myself but it does need a proper diagnosis as there are creams etc that can be prescribed.https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rosacea/

Taz x

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 12:10:16 PM »

Oh... I was hoping it may not be rosacea. But thank you both for replying.

I have so many health things going on I am trying to sort one thing at a time. Brain fog  and anxiety means I have developed a little  system of not overloading myself with more than one crucial thing,  or the anxiety can cause me to panic a bit.
I will contact gp in a week or so for advice.

Meanwhile, does anyone use any "cover up" products to hide it a bit? I am speaking at my mum's funeral next week and it will be hard enough without being conscious of a very beetroot face... I know this is not a cure as such but may help my confidence.

do cooling sprays or misters help? I have noticed when  it is bad, stepping outside cools my face a bit.

Thanks

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 02:57:48 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I'm sure you will do her proud at her funeral.

Over the years I've found that Avene products suit my skin best. They have a couple of products to help tone down the skin redness. I can't post a link here as they have "buy now" buttons but if you check out their website you will be able to find them. I use their cleanser and moisturiser. It took me quite a long time to find something suitable. It may not even be rosacea of course but I left mine for quite a few months before getting it checked which led to it being much more difficult to get under control so if it doesn't improve then bear it in mind.

Taz x

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 09:19:44 PM »

Thanks Taz2

I haven't come across avene, I will take a look online tomorrow. I will indeed get in  touch with the g.p after next week, I feel a bit of a hypochondriac at the moment. thanks for your kindness, I don't think I like 2023 very much so far...
I bought some Rimmel c.c cream...it's scarily green in the tube, but I tried it today with some light foundation over the top and it did reduce the appearance of the redness. Not a cure and I am aware I need to get this seen, and it could aggravate things, but will use it as a one off for  next week.

Thanks as always
Hugs