Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Joint pain reappearing when stopping HRT -ant Herb/product?  (Read 18668 times)

Madeline

Joint pain reappearing when stopping HRT -ant Herb/product?
« on: February 24, 2023, 12:57:31 PM »

Hi girls,

I reducing my hrt, down to 1 pump of oestragel and I hope to stop HRT altogether next week. I feel the joint pain is reimmerging. TBH it never went away in my back...constantly an issue for me but Its just more painful now.

Has anyone tried glucosamine? 

Any info would be super Thank you lovely ladies xx

Starshell

Re: Joint pain reappearing when stopping HRT -ant Herb/product?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »

I have exactly the same question!
Just stopped HRT, been off it 3 weeks and actually feel much better mentally but my body is very achey, both in the joints and the muscles 😥 some night sweats but the hot flushes aren’t too bad
I’m 52 , I exercise regularly, a mix of cardio and yoga and Pilates classes and do around 4 or 5 a week
I eat fairly healthily and don’t drink much and a normal weight for my height, maybe slightly creeping into the overweight bracket!
I’m thinking of taking sage and glucosamine but wondered if anyone can advise please

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 12:42:19 PM »

Magnesium may help. A mag glycinate supplement at night, plus Epsom salt baths and magnesium body butter put on afterwards. I use the BetterYou one, it's very good value.

Starshell

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 09:42:53 PM »

Thank you Penguin 😊
I saw some magnesium Epsom salts in home bargains, will go back for them

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 10:52:23 PM »

As oestrogen levels fall muscles may become lax = aches and pains, which over the counter pain relief should help. 

Gentle exercise on a regular basis as well as brisk walking at least 4 times a week to encourage good bone density.

Shorty Pants

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 08:23:30 AM »

Hi. This is exactly me too on stopping HRT and is the only reason I've considered restarting it again.  I exercise, but it's not easy.
I tried glucosamine in the past but it had no effect and on researching it more there doesn't seem to be any clinical evidence that it works.

CeCe

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 08:54:21 AM »

I stopped HRT about 8 months ago. Joint pain was quite bad initially but eventually went away. The only supplement I take is 1000mg of linseed oil every day and I have an Epsom salt bath most nights. It was a only reading your post that I remembered joint pain and tried to think when I last had any.