Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I think I’m losing my mind!!  (Read 2805 times)

Poppy

I think I’m losing my mind!!
« on: February 23, 2023, 06:16:28 PM »

Hi Ladies, can anyone relate to having feelings of being overwhelmed with the simplest of things. I went to wash a few breakfast pots and the order of putting hot water & washing up liquid into the bowl then washing the pots was overwhelming, I didn’t know what to do first, it felt like a mountain of instructions to process, I started to get panicky & jittery. The same can happen whatever I’m doing even making the bed feels like a long process & ii am exhausted afterwards. Things I have done naturally & without thinking for years sometimes is to much to think about. It affects my working life too, I was trying to file childrens work and I just couldn’t think of what went where alphabetically I ended up bursting into tears when I got home I felt so unable to do the job I have done for 24 years. I feel so spaced out and as if my head is full of cotton wool. I am 4 years post menopause, I feel worse now than I did when in peri menopause   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I think I’m losing my mind!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 06:18:35 PM »

Yep.  I looked at our bathroom taps last week and couldn't remember which was hot and which was cold.  My brain gets overwhelmed with 'stuff'  ::). I have to stop and watch the birds for a few moments whilst taking some deep breaths.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 06:24:16 PM »

I can relate to this too Poppy. Sometimes I physically cannot do the dishes or similar as it feels so overwhelming and exhausting. I have read quite a few posts on here were members say post meno is more difficult for them then peri so you are not alone.

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 06:26:27 PM »

hi poppy

im 4 yrs post meno and like you ive had most of my symptoms now.

i get over whelmed with simplest of things.

your body is going through major life changes with hormones and stuff.

you'll be ok we all will be. in the meantime stay connected on here xxxx

Poppy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 06:31:29 PM »

Aww thanks ladies for replying, its a great comfort for me. I convince myself I must be the only one & it’s a lonely place to be with your thoughts. It can’t last forever surely 🤞

Cara999

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 06:33:02 PM »

I feel the same, at work I keep sending appointment cards out with just Friday written on them 🙈 no date!! It's a nightmare xxx

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 06:37:58 PM »

Aww thanks ladies for replying, its a great comfort for me. I convince myself I must be the only one & it’s a lonely place to be with your thoughts. It can’t last forever surely 🤞

Thats the wonderful thing about this forum, you realise your not alone.

theres so much help and support on here xxx

Nas

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 09:05:44 PM »

You are not alone Poppy.
I’m 4 years post meno and not great tbh.

I forget lots of info, names, places, everything!

I work in a SEN school and work  closely with a young lively male teacher. Somehow, I manage to put on a good show. But once home, I’m a disaster!

You are not alone x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 09:09:38 AM »

MayB this should be in doing stupid things thread: this morning I tried to pull on a pair of jeans : over 1s I was wearing  >:(

Booroo

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 09:52:02 AM »

MayB this should be in doing stupid things thread: this morning I tried to pull on a pair of jeans : over 1s I was wearing  >:(

Definitely not on your own there!

Bindi

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 10:32:52 AM »

You are definately not alone poppy im 5yrs nearly post meno and work in home care and clients ive had for ages and things ive been doing for them for years im struggling with ..forgetfulness is a problem..but some days are gd some days are tiresome and a struggle like today..i to just stop take a breath and regroup when i can..post meno im finding alot harder then peri...but hopefully its the light at the end of the tunnel..So i just try and soldier on like the rest of us..lol sometimes it would be nice to forget how to do things at home for me and hubby ..lol but it always seems to be when im at work and that sucks as i just want to do my days work and go home but it just draws my day out longer..chin up hun we will get there this forum helps me alot to know im not the only one doing silly stuff or going thru shitty stuff.😉🙄🤪

Winter

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2023, 10:32:54 AM »

You are absolutely not alone, and you are so well written in the way you have described this. And I totally agree, I get total overwhelm with daily things that I used to do without thinking. And if something fails (like my fridge freezer at the moment, and my heating system) I feel panicky and out of control and have a strong urge to run away. It's so odd. Sending you support and love x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 10:02:29 AM »

Those of you who are struggling with this, are any of you on HRT?

I felt like this before I initially went on HRT aged 48. Came off it aged 54, just around the time the pandemic hit. Throughout the pandemic I was a mess! Mental health hit the floor, everything felt overwhelming and I was constantly in tears. I put it down to being in a situation, like everyone, that I couldn’t control.

But other symptoms started rearing their head, all the ones that made me want HRT in the first place. So, aged 57 I went back on it. Still tweaking, but I feel like a human powerhouse most days.

Nas

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2023, 10:23:07 AM »

Hrt hasn’t made a blind bit of difference to me Flossie, not a bit. Been on several different regimes in 4 years and feel hideous still. What’s more, my sleep is non existent, literally AND I’ve got to work 5 days a week. Bloody horrendous 😢

KaraShannon

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2023, 02:52:42 PM »

You are absolutely not alone, and you are so well written in the way you have described this. And I totally agree, I get total overwhelm with daily things that I used to do without thinking. And if something fails (like my fridge freezer at the moment, and my heating system) I feel panicky and out of control and have a strong urge to run away. It's so odd. Sending you support and love x

OMG, this is me at the moment. 

And yes Poppy you are not alone.  I have a very cluttered coffee table and desk and I need to brush my hair and make my way out to the pharmacy. 

These things are a problem right now  ;D  Before I would just tidy up the desk, brush hair, shoes on, pharmacy, call someone for a cofee while out, buy some stuff, walk around shops, rush back to get other stuff done, take a few more calls.  I'm really not managing with all that at the moment, that would have all been automatic. 

And I do hope this gets better, I was normal up until 2 years ago (whatever normal is, but normal for me  ;D)