Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help understanding Evorel patches!  (Read 496 times)

kjsm81

Help understanding Evorel patches!
« on: February 18, 2023, 09:57:40 PM »

Help please!  I’ve recently changed from Femoston 2/10 tablets as they’d stopped working well for me.  I’ve been given Evorel conti patches now and am due to start them this evening, but I’m now concerned I should be on sequi ones instead?  I do remember the GP asking about preference for progesterone tablets but I can’t recall the full details as I was in a bit of a sleep-deprived, anxious state during the appointment 😫.

Everything I’ve read suggests that conti only is for post menopausal women - I’m only 41, perimenopausal, still with uterus, and have no idea how regular my normal periods would be, given that I’ve been taking Femoston for 2 years!  They were still fairly regular before I started on Femoston.  Does anyone know why I’d be started on conti and not sequi - could this be a mistake?  Any answers greatly appreciated as I’m supposed to start this first patch tonight and can’t face weeks of trying to reach my GP again and no hormones in the meantime!

Songbird

Re: Help understanding Evorel patches!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 10:59:56 PM »

I'm sure one of our lovely ladies will be along to give you some sound info.
My understanding is that evorel conti is for ladies who are at least one full year free of having a bleed - definitely postmenopause. I don't quite understand why you wouldn't be given sequi but I may be wrong in my assumption. Hopefully someone else will come along and offer you advice soon.  :bighug:

kjsm81

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 11:05:19 PM »

Thanks songbird. That’s my understanding too, so either my script was wrong, or the pharmacist has made a mistake….either way back to the GP I go, which is annoying as I’ll have to be HRT-free in the meantime

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 11:23:11 PM »

I think it's a mistake, you should be on sequi. The same thing happened to me, the reception spoke to the gp and they issued a new prescription the same day. If they give you evorel 50 (oestrogen only) patches you can still use the conti ones you have for the 2 weeks you're on the combined patch.