Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Upset stomach and fatigue  (Read 417 times)

Slinks27

Upset stomach and fatigue
« on: January 31, 2023, 03:58:02 PM »

Hi, does anybody else find about a week before period they get upset stomach? This is a new symptom for me. I go completely off my food but need to for a number 2 about 8 times a day. Once period starts it seems to settle. Also the tiredness ive been feeling lately is awful just want to sleep and no energy at all. TIA

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Upset stomach and fatigue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 04:15:15 PM »

Yep.  Hormones  :bang:  for years B4 a bleed I would be bloated and nauseous so didn't want food; 10 mins B4 a bleed began I would have to dash to the loo, so no travelling in the days when a period was expected.  'the runs'.  Once the bleed began the bowel would settle.

I would also get crashing fatigue which is common in peri-menopause.  Do your taste buds alter leading up to the period?

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 04:38:18 PM »

Doctor wanted to send me for a colonoscpy but I'm convinced it's to do with hormones. Before a period I used to crave all things bad for you and would eat and eat and now seems ive gone the other way. I wasn't even due so it all threw me. Yes I think they did change but yesterday all I wanted was a burger!! My body seems all over the place and getting worse. Maybe it's time to consider HRT I cant live like this!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 04:41:54 PM »

Listen to your body.  Cravings R for a reason and don't do any harm as long as it stops once the period begins.  I would be OH SO thirsty, buying celery sticks which I put into water to lick and chew  ::)