Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Upping Utrogestan  (Read 531 times)

Rachatkinson

Upping Utrogestan
« on: January 12, 2023, 08:04:53 AM »

I’ve been on HRT of one sort or over for about 27 years as I had an early menopause due to a pituitary tumour.
With the supply problems of patches a while back I got switched to 2 pumps of estrogel and 100 mg Utrogestan continuously. On this regime I was still getting bleeding every couple of weeks- I was checked out for thickening of the uterus lining and that was ok so I was advised to increase to 200mg progesterone. I’ve  tried several times to stick to this  but it just makes me feel rubbish, so I’m back to 100mg and the irregular bleeding.
Would it matter if I changed to taking it sequentially and having a regular bleed every month? I’m nearly 60.
Or any other ideas on what to try .

Dotty

Re: Upping Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 08:11:56 AM »

Hi there are ladies on here who still use Utrogestan sequentially at this age. Hopefully they’ll be along soon to help you x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 10:28:12 AM »

I was told there's a slightly higher chance of endometrial cancer though I'm personally sceptical that any decent research has been done, or even any at all (perhaps it was written by the same man who said every woman is meno by 54). If you were OK on your patch could you change back to that?

Rachatkinson

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 11:29:08 PM »

Thank you, I did think about that, these are just more convenient and non of the sticking problems!
If I reduced the gel and just did 100mg would that work?

Ellie O

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 02:20:18 AM »

Yes, if you reduce oestrogen, it should work. Good luck!

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 08:14:17 AM »

Hi you could try and reduce the oestrogen but you might get a return of symptoms x