Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: urtogestan out of stock at my chemist told to fill online - confused  (Read 453 times)

kittywells

Hi, apparently urtogestan is now out of stock at my chemist, despite being available according to the last BMS HRT update I could find.

My chemist has given me my NHS number and the prescription number for both urtogestan and my evorel patches - they have the patches in but can't fill only half the prescription. The woman there said that I could use those things to order it from an online chemist, but the only one I was able to find (Oxford) wants you to post a prescription in, which I don't have.

The prescription was actually suggested by a private consultant and then issued by my GP. I could go back to them and get it but looks like it would cost £30, which is pretty steep for an HNS prescription. I have long covid and don't have the energy to drive around lots of chemists until I find one who has it in stock. Anyone have any ideas on how I can proceed? I have a few weeks left on my current supply so not an emergency, but very vexing. God, I'm so tired and angry after years of this happening with one medication after another. When are they going to sort out HRT supply? It's just plain sexism.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: urtogestan out of stock at my chemist told to fill online - confused
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 05:45:21 PM »

NHS doesn't want to pay full price for many medications ........... not simply HRT.

MayB contact the manufacturers who should be able to tell you where their outlets might be.  As well as letting your GP and private consultant know.  Why would you need to pay £30.00?

Ring other Pharmacies to see what they have in stock, i.e. Boots, Lloyds ........ let us know.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 06:53:37 PM »

It’s a case of ringing round till you find it. Diane Danzebrink of Menopause Support has been in touch with Besins and they’ve said it should be available this week . x

kittywells

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 10:35:37 AM »

thank you both. My chemist says its been on and off with availability lately so think I will just have to wait a week and try them again... I'm out of energy for ringing around etc., would have ordered online if it had been simple, but it wasn't :(