Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is this known to be a menopause symptom?  (Read 806 times)

KaraShannon

Is this known to be a menopause symptom?
« on: January 06, 2023, 01:25:29 AM »

Hi everyone

This evening I'm literally feeling my adrenal glands overworking, I can almost feel them squeezing.....or that's the sensation.  It doesn't hurt, but I feel they are overworking.

My period is due, is just beginning to show.  I had a ton of energy out of nowhere the other night, then today I couldn't move. 

But it's the adrenal bit I'm wondering about.  I have lowered my estradiol about a month or so ago and set to lower it a bit more as my levels were too high. 

I have a relative going through a hard time and they are the sort of person that leans on others a lot and I am worried a bit about that, but I don't think that would be causing this.  So I'm wondering if it's menopausal.  I feel like I need to do lots of deep breathing to try and calm it down.  I don't feel panickey or anything like that, it's more the physical awareness that I'm pumping out adrenalin at a low level but kind of chronically over the last day or two. 

It does seem to have coincided with that pre menstrual get outta my face attitude and I've been madly blitzing my home as well, lol

KaraShannon

Re: Is this known to be a menopause symptom?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 01:34:55 AM »

I have just shifted back to estradiol only patches tonight, just now, so will see if that changes things too.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 09:31:55 AM »

Hello KaraShannon

I haven't had your exact experience but I have felt extremes of behaviour and mood, I also recognise that chemical rush feeling.

The fact that you altered your Oestrogen level and that your period is starting all indicate hormonal upheaval so perhaps ride the storm as best you can until everything settles down again.

Take care and wishing you well

K.

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 12:41:34 AM »

Kathleen, haha, I just posted on your Cry January thread and then came here and see you again  ;D  but grateful for your response.

Definitely an emotional rollercoaster, but the adrenal activity is new.  That said I have very little energy generally and it's returned slightly with the lower oestrogen, so maybe my body is adjusting and releasing more adrenalin and it just feels weird due to the change.

And no doubt the worry over my friend has added to this as I'm waking up depressed every day and that isn't me at all and I don't think it would be me even with a slight change to oestrogen.  I do have the ups and downs, but it's usually a life event when I start waking up feeling like that.  Hoping my friend stabilises soon and then no doubt I will.  I'm too much of an empath  ::) but couldn't be the alternative.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 12:46:56 AM »

Actually I've just remembered, I had the same thing happen when ukraine was invaded last year.  It really got to me.  I suppose it must be a psychological reaction, rather than menopausal necessarily then.