Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti to Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan 100mg capsules  (Read 1760 times)

AnneS

Evorel Conti to Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan 100mg capsules
« on: January 02, 2023, 09:08:40 PM »

Hello ( again )
I've been on Evorel Conti patches since November 2021... had breakthrough bleeding just before 6mth mark  so was referred for scan ( lining 5.5mm) and then hysteroscopy ( all fine ) .... bleeding stopped completely until this month when I've had 2 very slight bleeds. Had appointment with a very sympathetic ( and knowledgeable) nurse practitioner who suggested I change to a new regime in an attempt to prevent any further bleeds . I'm now feeling slight anxious as apart from bleeding , felt much better on Evorel Conti and am now wondering what the new regime may bring ? I would really appreciate any advice/ feedback re possible side effects ? Many thanks in advance x

Flossieteacake

Re: Evorel Conti to Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan 100mg capsules
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 09:19:43 PM »

Hello Anne. If it were me I would carry on with the conti and see if the bleeding settles because you said you felt good on it. If the bleeding is not something you want then I understand.

We all react differently to HRT so nobody will be able to say if you will have any side effects. Perhaps just give it a go and see how you feel.

This is just my opinion and other members will give you other ideas.😀
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:21:50 PM by Flossieteacake »

AnneS

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 09:22:51 PM »

I've actually been on it for just over a year now .... the new regime is already proving problematic as so far I've been unable to find a pharmacy who have the Evorel patches in stock ! 😩

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 09:24:50 PM »

I've actually been on it for just over a year now .... the new regime is already proving problematic as so far I've been unable to find a pharmacy who have the Evorel patches in stock ! 😩

Oh dear. Well many members are on ultrogestan and 50 oestrogen. It is very positive you could tolerate the progesterone part of the conti so hopefully you will be fine on utrogestan.

You may have to ask for a different brand such as estradot if not perhaps they will have evorel 25 and you can double it.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 11:44:07 AM »

I changed from Evorel Conti to this regime a month ago. I was also anxious about the change as I felt great on Conti, but the bleeding did stop on day 3/4 of starting the new regime. I also feel good on the new regime. I have a problem swallowing the pills, but that’s me - I have scar tissue due to ACDF surgery and the pill gets stuck on the scar and I have to push it down with lots of water or a biscuit sometimes.

I also had problems finding a pharmacy with the 50 patches. I ended up phoning 9 pharmacies until I found one. It’s worth asking, as they don’t all get their supplies from the same place. Boots, for example, don’t have the same supplier as some of the independent ones. I found that it was the independent ones that were ost helpful, and if they didn’t have the patches in, could get them for the next day.

I’m still settling down on my new regime and had an unexpected bleed, but it’s just about stopped.
Keep us posted on how you’re getting on.

AnneS

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 12:35:55 PM »

Ah thanks Flossie Fiddler ... it's just unnerving not knowing what to expect (again !!! ) Can I ask ... was it bleeding on Conti that made you change? Did they warn you that you might have bleeding on the new regime too ???? I still haven't manage to get my Evorel 50 patches so am still yet to make the changeover! It's all so unpredictable!!! 😩xx

flossie fiddler

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 05:56:39 PM »

Yes, it was bleeding on Conti that instigated the change to a different type of progesterone. I had given Conti 4 months and the bleeding was getting more frequent, and my meno nurse said I should try a different progesterone.

I wasn’t warned about the bleeding on new regime, but that’s because my practice messed up my appointment. I was booked in for a phone appt, but my nurse is at another practice and my practice sent it through as a face2face and I didn’t turn up, just sat by the phone waiting for her to ring. When I realised I rang her practice and she was able to give me a very short (rushed) consultation over the phone. However she did give me her work email addy so it doesn’t happen in the future, as I can make my appt directly with her.

I’m hoping the bleed I’ve just had, towards the end of the 28 day cycle, is due to the tweaking. I have a review in a couple of weeks.

Keep us posted, won’t you?

AnneS

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 04:00:04 PM »

Thanks again for your reply ... planning to ring around pharmacies tomorrow in hope of getting the Evorel patches ! Hope your bleeding stops soon and you keep well on your new regime xx