Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Dizziness  (Read 1694 times)

Poppy

Dizziness
« on: December 26, 2022, 01:50:36 PM »

Hi Ladies, just wondering if anyone suffers with chronic dizziness due to anxiety, (CSD -Chronic Subjective Dizziness. It’s a 24/7 dizziness which you feel on the inside of you eg swaying, bobbing feeling in your head, feeling of constantly walking on a rocking boat & is most there when you are in motion, walking, standing, any kind of movement, it can make you feel motion sickness. It affects your everyday life at home, work, outside walking is difficult as I seem to vear to the left. I have suffered this along with chronic anxiety & depression for years, I take antidepressants & beta blockers which have helped on occasion to suppress it but never completely take it away. Since starting with the menopause my anxiety is through the roof & now the dizziness is at the forefront constantly it’s so exhausting & I’m feeling pretty Rock bottom. My GP has offered me some physio to help with my balance. I can’t take HRT due to family cancer. Of course out of desperation I have been googling for help which has come up with all sorts of different things although someone the symptoms are similar to vestibular migraine, silent migraine etc so now wondering if I’ve got that as well, I just feel in a rut with all these symptoms it’s so overwhelming. I am 3 years post menopause @thought it would if got a bit easier by now, ohhhh the joys xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dizziness
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 03:02:05 PM »

So STOP GOOGLING - he don't know nowt

As oestrogen level drop so muscles may become lax.  This may affect the inner ear as the tubes narrow.  Do take up the idea of physiotherapy!  I have a nerve in the back of my neck that makes me go 'oh!' occasionally ....... also when walking my feet don't always land where expected  :o.  Been like that for over 40 years .  It's as if my thighs 'give way'.

Ask also for an appt to an ENT Surgeon.  There are movements that can ease chronic attacks of continual dizziness. 

Has your BP been taken: sitting and rising?  Do U restrict salt intake as this can cause all kinds of physical problems!

Poppy

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 03:58:13 PM »

Thanks for the reply CLKD. I have been to ENT, I’ve had a CT scan & MRI, because it was thought that I might of had a mini stroke but the results were fine. My BP is fine, I’ve had bloods done, there fine, it’s so frustrating!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 04:14:54 PM »

Posture then?  How do you sit for long periods, I had a sudden 'dip' earlier.  Due to bending over the lap top doing cross puzzles for too long!

jenna_kay

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 01:57:54 AM »

Just read a study that anxiety causes dizziness, might want to consult with your GP about an Rx to help with your anxiety. Once that's taken care of, your dizziness should dissipate.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 10:51:20 AM »

Hi Poppy. Have you had vestibular therapy for this nasty condition? Also did it start with a virus such as labyrinthitis?

Taz x