Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA getting worse  (Read 4030 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA getting worse
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 06:53:29 PM »

He's a Gynae  :-\ ............ Which tablet?  As well as or instead of ............

Jal

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 10:04:03 PM »

Amitriptyline for nerve pain. It's as well as the ovestin. I do wonder if there's another issue going on. I get pain across my pelvis and in my back sometimes which started around the same time.

Cara999

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2022, 10:31:48 PM »

You could try a moisturiser, I use balance active gel which I find helps on night's I'm not using Vagifem.

Let us know how u get on with the Amitryptiline, hope you soon get some relief xxx

Minusminnie

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2022, 09:03:25 AM »

Amitriptyline for nerve pain. It's as well as the ovestin. I do wonder if there's another issue going on. I get pain across my pelvis and in my back sometimes which started around the same time.

You may find pelvic pain in Health Unlocked website may help you if it may be more than VA.

I already wear cotton tights - it's the seams that are the problem.

You may find wearing a thin panty liner helps with the seams.  Tena do a light sensitive one with zero fragrance.

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2022, 09:47:54 AM »

Hello Jal and welcome to the forum.

I am fortunate that I haven't had this problem very often though I do experience symptoms when my HRT dose is very low.

When things were at their worst I used Yes VM moisturiser which you can order online. My friend isn't on HRT and uses their products?
 For clothes I was wondering if good old fashioned stockings and suspenders would be worth a try? I don't think they make bloomers any more but French Knickers might be available. At one point I remember thinking about boy's/men's boxer shorts because they don't have seams in awkward places. Maybe trawl the internet and see what you can find out?

Take care and let us know how you get on.

K.

Minusminnie

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2022, 02:57:19 PM »

I would question why you have not been offered vagifem pessary to try it is a stronger and different oestrogen to ovestin and it sounds like (going back to your first post )that ovestin has not entirely been working for you for a while.
ie why amitriptyline & ovestin but not try vagifem ??
Have you been checked for any prolapse ?

Jal

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2022, 05:43:52 PM »

Thank you everybody for the recommendations and advice. I've joined health unlocked and looked at some of posts. Waiting to see if any replies to my query. I've tried a thin pad between two pairs of knickers - I seem to be ok with knickers as long as they don't have an open seam. The pad seemed to put too much pressure on the area. There was a small prolapse but that is much improved. Presume the gynaecologist didn't offer vagifem as he thought the area was "well oestrogenised".

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2022, 05:57:26 PM »

Or mayB he believed that you are using the as he thinks, the optimum dose of oestrogen?

Many use 'vagifem' internally as well as 'ovestin' on the outer labia; some also use moisturisers i.e. 'sylc' or 'yes' products.  He's a gynaecologist ........

Why Amitriptyline?

Minusminnie

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2022, 06:59:46 PM »

Amitriptyline for nerve pain.

All I can add for now is that I was given amitriptyline for vulva pain it did very little at various levels no wish to put you off as everyone is different.  One gynae was honest enough to say that they don’t know so chuck amitriptyline at it ! It also can constipate you which is something you need to avoid with pelvic pain.  Figs in your diet can help with that.

A pelvic physiotherapist may be able to give you an internal examination and another opinion to this gynaecologist if your scan comes up with nothing.

I asked about prolapse as it might explain your back pain ??

I would still ask to try vagifem though ahead of anything else. It may be oestrogenised but you are still in some pain.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 07:12:46 PM by Minusminnie »

Jal

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2022, 07:22:13 PM »

Thanks minusminnie. That's useful to know about the amitriptyline. I haven't even had the prescription filled yet as I'm reluctant to take it - I seem to get side effects with a lot of medication. I'm going to try moisturising and using the ovestin externally as well as internally to see if that helps first.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2022, 07:53:13 PM »

Good idea.  Let us know how you get on.  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly, so it may take 3 months for the vagina to feel softer, less itchy and less painful.  Don't stop!

Kathleen

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2022, 06:59:27 PM »

Hello again Jal.

A friend has a prolapse and she had a ring fitted as an outpatient. She was told never to be constipated presumably because any straining would dislodge the ring however the pain medication had constipation as a side effect so she was taking Fybrogel to keep things moving.

I haven't spoken to her for a while but I assume her prolapse is quite bad because she was told that she needs a hysterectomy but there would be a very long wait.

It may be that your doctor thinks that the area looks okay but if you are in pain and discomfort then clearly things are not right!
A consultant wrote in a letter to the hospital that I had been doing well on my HRT dose which is the opposite of what I told him and if I had been doing well I wouldn't have been taking to him in the first place!

I hope you get this sorted and I wish you well.

K.

Jal

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2022, 03:13:36 PM »

Thanks again. Will let you all know how I get on.

Nicodemus

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2022, 11:24:27 PM »

Hi regarding comfortable pants that are like boxers or bloomers, someone on another forum recommended Step One women's bamboo boxers. I got one pair (they are expensive) and I really like them. I can even wear jeans for a few hours without making the irritation worse if I have them on underneath.

Jal

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2022, 09:45:05 AM »

The bamboo pants sound as if they're worth a try. Would be good to be able to wear jeans in this cold weather. Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]