Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1460 times)

AllyM

• First Flush
« on: November 23, 2022, 02:33:23 PM »

Hello I am a new member. Desperate and reassured I have found you all!
I have been on Estradiol for just over a year and it helped my crippling anxiety. Now I have chronic insomnia. Its badly affecting all aspects of my life. I'm so low and lacking in any energy.
Can I ask if I am supposed to have check ups with my GP now I am on HRT. I have tried to get an appointment but they say I don't need to be checked once I am on HRT. I know GPs are stretched. Any advice gratefully received.

Flossieteacake

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 02:48:48 PM »

Hello AllyM and welcome to the forum. I am really sorry to hear you have insomnia. It is such a horrid thing to endure. When symptoms return it usually indicates HRT needs tweaking and it is not very supportive of your GP to tell you that you do not need to be seen when you clearly are struggling. I think you should say your menopausal symptoms have returned and you need the HRT tweaking. Perhaps they will see you then. I really am sorry you have just been left on your own.

Isnt esdradol oestrogen alone? If you have your womb then you actually need progesterone too. Perhaps you do not have a womb though in that case it is fine to take alone. Are you taking it in cream, patch or tablet?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 02:50:22 PM by Flossieteacake »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »

MayB ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic - that might focus the mind!

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 03:41:19 PM »

Hi and welcome. If symptoms are returning, or new ones arising, this indicates that your oestrogen probably needs increasing. It would be helpful to know what HRT products you are using, and the dosage.
JP x

Ayesha

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 04:09:28 PM »

Been a while since I was on systemic HRT but reviews and assessments were always carried out, it must be the same today, surely!
Practice nurses do the job now, I think! 

AllyM

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 05:06:08 PM »

Thank you so much all. Im on oestrogel 750micrograms estradiol gel. One pump a day. And 100mg progesterone for two weeks. I have a blood clotting disorder so on a fairly low dose I think. But tbh I'd take more because I feel so awful.

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 06:08:24 PM »

There's no clotting risk with transdermal oestrogen. One pump a day is a very low dose  so you should be OK to increase.
JP x