Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Too much oestrogen symptoms  (Read 4161 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Too much oestrogen symptoms
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2022, 10:18:22 AM »

Hi Pippa

Only just spotted your recent post. Gosh you really don’t absorb we’ll do you?
Also very interesting to hear your menopause consultant mentioning inconsistencies with the gel.

I’ve gone back on it, and apply 2.5 in morning and well rubbed in. 1 pump in the evening on thigh, again well rubbed in.

What’s your plans for the gel?

Pippa52

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2022, 02:41:56 PM »

MIS71MUM - no clearly I am a total non-absorber although funnily enough I certainly know when I've gone up a dose so I must be absorbing something but clearly not enough.  Although advised to go back on patches I am really not keen at all as I felt so ill for the 3 months I was on them.  I get a real rush the day I put one one and then the day after it declines rapidly and by the third day it does not seem to work at all plus I got constant migraines on them. I certainly don't want to be feeling that ill over Christmas either so at the moment I am continuing on the gel.  Two pumps well rubbed in during the morning same time every day and what I  might do is increase it very slightly over the next few weeks and see it that makes a difference.  Meno consult has booked me in for a follow up in March with another blood test.  In the meantime I have to decide whether to stick with gel and a low blood result or try the patches again but I will make that decision after Christmas :)  I like the gel and would prefer to stay on it but it is definitely different from the Oestrogel I used to be on all those years which had Estradiol 17b in it and not the hemihydrate version which I know is only mixed with water but it has never worked as well for me as the old version. :(

pepperminty

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2022, 05:38:34 PM »

Hi Pippa52,

do you exfoliate? If you have lots of dry skin it may not be getting through?  Or ask for no parallel imports with the gel on prescription? Liz Earle does this - so you get the original estrogen gel .

PMXX

discogirl

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2022, 06:01:40 PM »

Hi Pippa52,

do you exfoliate? If you have lots of dry skin it may not be getting through?  Or ask for no parallel imports with the gel on prescription? Liz Earle does this - so you get the original estrogen gel .

PMXX

hi pepperminty

saw your post and was very interested in what you say about PI.

im on oestrogel how do i know if mine is a PI. it does state oestrogel on the bottle x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2022, 06:35:26 PM »

I don’t tend to exfoliate but will start now. I certainly don’t apply any lotions to the application sites as I know they can block absorption.

Discogirl - pi is usually called oestradose. But then there’s the whole other debate of Amber and Green square bottles which come from different countries!

discogirl

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2022, 06:51:59 PM »

I don’t tend to exfoliate but will start now. I certainly don’t apply any lotions to the application sites as I know they can block absorption.

Discogirl - pi is usually called oestradose. But then there’s the whole other debate of Amber and Green square bottles which come from different countries!

yes i have amber at the minute and green for when amber runs out.

im dreading tbe green as my amber gel is settling the chronic insomnia and anxiety.

im hoping that i wont notice anything xxx

Pippa52

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2022, 07:17:42 PM »

pepperminty et all ....Wow that is interesting re dry skin as yes I do have very dry skin.  I will definitely exfoliate from now on! I don't apply any moisturisers or lotions to the area either. I don't get the Oestrodose as that never worked for me.  Have been on the Amber bottles of Oestrogel since going back on it although I do have 2 green bottles but I don't want to start on them and make things even more complicated - thankfully my monthly repeat script came up last week and they sent 2 amber bottles this time.! Really appreciate the input from everyone its so helpful getting tips and knowledge from everyone thank you all so much.  I'm off to exfoliate the areas now!! :)

pepperminty

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2022, 07:57:19 PM »

Hi Pippa,

give it a go and use a mitt not scrub.  Also can you get a blood test yourself for estrogen via medichecks - don't do finger **** as estrogen gel stays on the hands and  effects the reading. You can either go to a local clinic for £30 of have a nurse come to your home for £50. It may be worth getting one to see if your measures work after a month or so?  Good luck . xx

PMxx

Kathleen

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2022, 08:34:27 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Pippa52 Thank you so much for the update.

I am with Newson Health and they were keen to take blood tests and measure levels but the best I managed was about 600pmol/L and my moods remained changeable with periods of normality  but also panic and tearfulness occurring daily. It was lovely when I felt well but distressing when the anxiety etc inevitably reappeared. The doctor at NH said that I should have been feeling great on those levels!  I then developed tender breasts and heavy bleeding so I was forced to reduce the dose anyway.

Perhaps too much is made of blood levels and more attention should be focused on how we feel. I accept that bone health is important but surely some non HRT users have healthy bones and low Oestrogen levels?

Having said all of the above my levels were measured using Oestrogel and have not been looked at while I have been using Sandrena gel sachets. Your post has made me wonder if different gels absorb differently just as patches do.

I like your idea of staying  with the gel for the time being with only a gentle increase. I have a similar plan until my next clinic appointment in January.

Wishing you well and let us know how you get on.

Take care.

K.

Pippa52

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2022, 10:21:49 AM »

Hi ladies - well today I have experimented with the Oestrogel application.  I have taken up the kind advice given on here and exfoliated the area I apply the gel to and also I have changed the way I apply it.  I was told to 'glide and pat' on the gel.  Today I have chosen to apply it to a smaller area and simply put it on and let it dry and not even rub it in.  I did some research on the internet and it was suggested a smaller area of application can give a  more potent absorption and to let it dry naturally not rub in  - bit like the patch I guess smaller area albeit only over 24 hours not days.  No idea if it will make a difference but thought it was worth a try.  Fingers crossed xxx

discogirl

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2022, 10:25:55 AM »

Hi ladies - well today I have experimented with the Oestrogel application.  I have taken up the kind advice given on here and exfoliated the area I apply the gel to and also I have changed the way I apply it.  I was told to 'glide and pat' on the gel.  Today I have chosen to apply it to a smaller area and simply put it on and let it dry and not even rub it in.  I did some research on the internet and it was suggested a smaller area of application can give a  more potent absorption and to let it dry naturally not rub in  - bit like the patch I guess smaller area albeit only over 24 hours not days.  No idea if it will make a difference but thought it was worth a try.  Fingers crossed xxx

Hi Pippa52

Please keep me updated as I am on gel and I have scoured the internet (and on here) regarding the patting and letting dry or rubbing in only to find two opposing opinions.

I spread it on making sure it's even over my inner thighs and on my upper arm.

It will be interesting to know what happens.

I wish you all the very best and take care x

Pippa52

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2022, 01:47:42 PM »

discogirl - yes of course will definitely keep you informed.  I am on 2 pumps which I spread on inner thighs.  I had been doing the 'pat and glide' method so as of today have changed to a smaller area, not rubbing it in or pat and gliding just letting it dry naturally.  xx

discogirl

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2022, 01:52:22 PM »

discogirl - yes of course will definitely keep you informed.  I am on 2 pumps which I spread on inner thighs.  I had been doing the 'pat and glide' method so as of today have changed to a smaller area, not rubbing it in or pat and gliding just letting it dry naturally.  xx

Well it's all a bit of conundrum to me;

I started on gel on 9th nov after trying patches. I'm on 3 and a bit of oestrogel, tried to go up to 4 yesterday but all my old symptoms of anxiety (which had gone!!) sleep issues (which were getting better) came back last night.

I've been having palpitations and strong hearbeats all day, so I went back down to 3 and a bit pumps this morning.

xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2022, 02:08:47 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Regarding the area to cover with gel, when I was using pumps of Oestrogel/ Oestrodose the patient leaflet said something like ' for the area of skin to be covered see enclosed template ' however a template was never included.

When I began using Sandrena gel the PIL stated that the area to be covered was ' two palm widths '. I have been using this measurement ever since and this may be a useful guide for all gel products.

I hope this helps ladies.

K

discogirl

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2022, 02:39:46 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Regarding the area to cover with gel, when I was using pumps of Oestrogel/ Oestrodose the patient leaflet said something like ' for the area of skin to be covered see enclosed template ' however a template was never included.

When I began using Sandrena gel the PIL stated that the area to be covered was ' two palm widths '. I have been using this measurement ever since and this may be a useful guide for all gel products.

I hope this helps ladies.

K

thats really helpful kathleen.

thank you x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4