Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: High Humidity & Muscle Aches  (Read 1558 times)

Ayesha

High Humidity & Muscle Aches
« on: August 28, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »

We bought a weather station (a very British thing to do) and I’ve noticed that when the humidity is high I have a flare up in muscle aches, I can actually feel my back muscles swelling up with the resulting dull aches and pains, can't say I'm looking forward to winter!
Another thing in the aging process that has occurred to me is the realization why a lot of older people retire to warmer, dry climates.

Does anyone else suffer like this when the weather is humid, would love to know that I am not the only one?

Lyncola

Re: High Humidity & Muscle Aches
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 05:56:15 AM »

I’m from sunny humid Queensland Australia, and I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference with summer and humidity, with any of my menopausal symptoms.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 07:29:25 AM »

Have you got arthritis as this is a common problem for sufferers. My fibro is always worse in humid weather too https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/may/managing-your-arthritis-in-warmer-weather/

Taz x

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 08:25:35 AM »

And before it rains, my fingers are better than the weather forecast.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 09:33:44 AM »

My Paternal grandad could 'feel' rain 3-4 days B4 it arrived due to his joints aching. 

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 12:37:13 PM »

Thanks for the link, Taz2 I can certainly relate to some of the symptoms, apart from joint pain, mine is definitely all muscle but its what’s expected as we age, I also think it could also be down to repetitive strain injury. I think I will return to some light exercises, I stopped because it made my symptoms worse, but I was told I was over doing it!

I spoke to my son yesterday who lives in Sydney, Australia and he mentioned that when its humid he suffers muscle aches. Both my sons have a history of muscle problems and I am wondering if there is a genetic connection and mine is showing up in old age.

Thanks ladies, old age sucks!  :-\