Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trying to make a GP appointment  (Read 2683 times)

Katejo

Re: Trying to make a GP appointment
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2022, 10:03:15 PM »

We don’t have an email consultation service or on-line appointment service, and trying to get a receptionist to pass a message on just for a yes or no answer from a GP (which I’ve  attempted in the past) is like trying to get past Attila the Hun!  I’ll be on the phone at 8 am tomorrow.
My practice doesn't take emails but virtually everyone has to compete complete a detailed econsult form even if we have already done so for the same condition/symptoms.
I have had an ongoing ear infection  with loss of hearing on 1 side for 2 months. I have already exhausted what the GP can prescribe. Twice I have been sent to queue at A & E. Last Tuesday I waited 3 hours and was told that I would be next to see the ENT doctor. Then suddenly they were too busy. I was sent home  with a promise that I would have an appointment this week. Had heard nothing by yesterday so rang the appointments number. They had nothing booked even though my GP had been told that I would. Now have to wait for a GP call on thursday.
That is awful! I really am sorry you have to go through this. I know how painful ear infections are. I hope the GP is helpful on Thursday.
  I have a loss of hearing on the left side caused by this infection (or possibly a virus as it hasn't responded to any AB). I need to know whether it is going to be permanent. The junior hospital doctor who sent me home last week said that it was caused by inflammation and implied that it was nothing to be concerned about but I wasn't convinced.  :'(

Haydo

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 10:12:42 AM »

It seems as if it is the luck of the draw with these different surgeries.  I have managed to book a telephone appointment for 21 September!    I’ve also just picked up a prescription, and I have been prescribed the wrong thing.  Back on the phone - it’s one of those mornings! 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »

It seems as if it is the luck of the draw with these different surgeries.  I have managed to book a telephone appointment for 21 September!    I’ve also just picked up a prescription, and I have been prescribed the wrong thing.  Back on the phone - it’s one of those mornings!

Oh no! 21 seems so long away.  :(

Haydo

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 10:24:04 AM »

I know, it’s ridiculous.   Don’t start me on the waiting list for a NHS pelvic floor physio, 9 months!   I’ve been told that I need some more physio advice by a consultant so I’ve  booked to see a private one next week, but I am lucky that I can afford to do that.  It enrages me that there are many women suffering who aren’t able to afford to go private.  I’m in the South-West and don’t know if it’s particularly bad in this area. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 10:28:25 AM »

I know, it’s ridiculous.   Don’t start me on the waiting list for a NHS pelvic floor physio, 9 months!   I’ve been told that I need some more physio advice by a consultant so I’ve  booked to see a private one next week, but I am lucky that I can afford to do that.  It enrages me that there are many women suffering who aren’t able to afford to go private.  I’m in the South-West and don’t know if it’s particularly bad in this area.

I am very glad you can go private. I am in London and it is bad here. I sent a message to my GP yesterday requesting Dermovate. They insist I need an appointment and said they will be in touch. I cannot get anything basic without an appointment and they do not contact to give me one so I have to chase it up.

Haydo

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 10:49:15 AM »

No wonder some people just give up trying to get appointments and prescriptions.  I’ve been prescribed dermovate ointment by the consultant and the GP has prescribed dermovate cream.  It clearly says in the consultant’s letter to the GP ointment, not cream.   It’s all just so exhausting.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 10:50:53 AM »

No wonder some people just give up trying to get appointments and prescriptions.  I’ve been prescribed dermovate ointment by the consultant and the GP has prescribed dermovate cream.  It clearly says in the consultant’s letter to the GP ointment, not cream.   It’s all just so exhausting.

How annoying. Especially as you have been using dermovate for a while now. I remember you mentioning it which prompted me to ask for it.
Pages: 1 [2]