Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78

Author Topic: Re: How are you today?  (Read 132331 times)

SarahT

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #495 on: July 26, 2023, 01:38:18 PM »

That sound like a nice optimistic and successful day Kara!

I am knackered after mowing the grass\moss then cleaning all the birds water. ( I have 10 different bird baths\saucers!)  Spoil them .

So joints are killing me but I feel smug I have heat the rain due later. Day off in Cambridge tomorrow for museum and shopping. Yay.😍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #496 on: July 26, 2023, 02:07:23 PM »

Anxiety levels rising as we are going away  :-\

KaraShannon

« Reply #497 on: July 26, 2023, 02:08:41 PM »

That sound like a nice optimistic and successful day Kara!

I am knackered after mowing the grass\moss then cleaning all the birds water. ( I have 10 different bird baths\saucers!)  Spoil them .

So joints are killing me but I feel smug I have heat the rain due later. Day off in Cambridge tomorrow for museum and shopping. Yay.😍

Oh that sounds nice Sarah, the day in Cambridge tomorrow.  Have a lovely day, I need to do a shopping and museum day soon, it's been a long time, lol. 

Everyone is telling me about the rain that is due later.  For now I'm getting a bit of paperwork done and listening to the breeze coming through the open latches.  I'm embracing feeling a bit calm about my new home at the moment.  It comes in moments so I'm going with it but will be out in a while. 

I love that you spoil the birds.  My mum has a bird table in her garden and provides them with seed, etc, and they are all so cute and pretty tame in the garden, they seem to know she's no threat.  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #498 on: July 26, 2023, 02:09:34 PM »

Anxiety levels rising as we are going away  :-\

Breathe CLKD.  When are you going?  What's the anxiety about in particular? x

CLKD

« Reply #499 on: July 26, 2023, 02:12:44 PM »

Off early in the morning.  Until half an hour ago I was looking forwards to it  :-\.  This is usual for me  >:(

SarahT

« Reply #500 on: July 26, 2023, 02:23:04 PM »

But is the anticipation the worse bit? I find the actual event is never as bad as I think it will be.
Is a it quiet but sometimes I actually enjoy the event.🙄

SarahT

« Reply #501 on: July 26, 2023, 02:27:37 PM »

Kara that sounds lovely listening to the breeze, one of my favourite sounds is wind weaving through long grass our crops in the field. So calming and yet enlivening at the same time.  It's good that you can begin to feel more settled in your new home. You have had a lot going on lately and it takes a while sometimes for a house to become a home.

Yes my little birds are a joy, thoughts like a zoo sometimes there can be so many. I am whether know who your mum is and that she cares for them.

CLKD

« Reply #502 on: July 26, 2023, 03:10:15 PM »

Exactly that.  Knowing that doesn't help  :'(

Because I'm apt to stop eating with all that entails  :-\

KaraShannon

« Reply #503 on: July 26, 2023, 03:21:31 PM »

CLKD

is there anything you can do for at least a few hours now just to take your mind off it?  Like give yourself a few hours off the worrying?

what leads you to stop eating, is it because of gut issues etc? 

thinking of you, I've got to go out now but I'll be back tonight and will catch up. 

remember one thing, often things are not as bad as we anticipate (though I know we don't know for sure) x

CLKD

« Reply #504 on: July 26, 2023, 03:41:28 PM »

Anticipation cannot be over ruled for me.  This stems back to the age of 3, a learnt pattern.   :thankyou:  Hopefully once we are on the road ...........

SarahT

« Reply #505 on: July 26, 2023, 04:22:58 PM »

Can you just eat a bit of what you fancy? Special.measures for a time when your anxiety is high. No need for a full meal, maybe just something light or a nourishing soup, easy to digest?

Try to sleep as well as you can and in my own preference.... A comforting but from husband who deals kindly with all my strange behaviour.

Let us know how you get on

CLKD

« Reply #506 on: July 26, 2023, 06:31:50 PM »

We've had freshly picked runner beans in different colours gently steamed with butter and black pepper.  A sandwich.  A very ripe half of mango .............  have nibbles packed in the camper, ready for the off.

Songbird

« Reply #507 on: July 27, 2023, 04:45:19 AM »

Well dear ladies. Got back from our Alaskan cruise yesterday. Had a fantastic time, except we’ve both got covid! 🤒.
This is the first time, to my knowledge, 🤔, that we’ve had the dreaded C word! Is paracetamol or ibuprofen the best thing to take? I haven’t got a clue! My hands and feet are burning too. Weird!
Should I wait another couple of days before testing again??
Oh dear - clueless Songbird  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #508 on: July 27, 2023, 07:20:04 AM »

Yay songbird you're home!! Glad you had a good time,was worried about you as I read something about a tsunami up Alaska way,just days after you left 🙀 but then Taz said it was then given the all clear....phew.Sooooo?? Did you see whales?I wouldn't keep checking the covid,you could test positive for days and days,was it on the ship?

CLKD

« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2023, 07:22:50 AM »

Songbird:  Sorry about Covid!  It's out there.  Advice was to test every 5 days ........ and to take paracetamol if there is a fever and pain relief, i.e. Nurofen on similar.  Don't know what the advice is regarding isolating but I would do so.    :foryou:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78