Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello All I am new and worried about sweats, I am 66 !  (Read 897 times)

Shirlmw

• First Flush
Hello All I am new and worried about sweats, I am 66 !
« on: August 16, 2022, 02:09:19 PM »

Hello All
I am new today.  I am 66.  I thought that I had more or less finished with night and day sweats.  However, the last month or so my sweats have increased to the point of getting them on and off all day, and at night very bad waking up drenched, headaches, heart palpitations like mad,  I do have heart problems (I am in permanent AF and other heart issues) but I know these sweats are not related to my heart.  Why or why have I been getting very bad soaking sweats again.  Surely at my age of 66 they should be over.  I also get fog brain again.  Aches and pains - but that is normal for me with arthrithis etc.  It is the sweats that are concerning me.
Does anyone else get these that are my age or their abouts?  Any ideas and help would be great
Thank you

Limpy

Re: Hello All I am new and worried about sweats, I am 66 !
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 02:37:46 PM »

Hi Shirlmw

Welcome to MM  :welcomemm:
You are not alone!
I used to get sweats like that when I was about 52 - when I was definitely post meno but before I started HRT. For me the sweats stopped after HRT. You are not alone in getting the sweats and the horribly hot weather won't have been helping at all.

If you click on the headings, in the dark pink bar above the Menopause Matters Forum, you'll find more useful information about the Menopause and Treatments.

It may be worth having a chat with your GP and see what they suggest.
Hope you get some relief.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 02:54:18 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum  :)
I'm 59 and still get sweats but like limpy said,this weather doesn't help,I've found my flushes have come back since the heatwave.
My OHs aunt used to still get flushes and she was in her 70s. Also I read in the papers that another Covid symptom can be sweats.
You should still talk to your Dr though,always get these things checked out

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 03:10:54 PM »

Welcome.

I'm sweating for the 1st time ever, it's the heat waves  >:(.   On Sunday I couldn't string two words together  :-\

Ask for a referral to a dedicate menopause clinic ........ as oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 03:14:20 PM »

Hello Shirlmw and :welcomemm:  Great advice from the other ladies & I can't add much except to say my Mum, not on HRT, was still having flushes into her late 60s & possibly beyond, though she was post menopause in her mid-40s.  The recent intense heat has been exceptional, so this alone may account for it, but I second what Jaypo says about mentioning it to your GP as night sweats can sometimes be caused by other conditions.  I hope you manage to get to the bottom of it soon.
Wx